Senior Financial Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About the Team
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to support the R&D organization. This highly visible role will help lead financial planning and support strategic initiatives across our R&D teams. Technology lives at the core of Outreach and this role will play a huge role in helping to align strategic objectives with our financial goals.
The Senior Financial Analyst will partner with the Engineering, Product, and Security teams across our R&D organization. Reporting to the Director of Corporate FP&A, this role will support short-term forecasting, budget management, and long-range planning efforts by partnering with our President of Technology and Product and other R&D leadership. This is a critical hire for the FP&A team at Outreach; the perfect candidate for this role will have a high level of independence, accountability, teamwork, and attention to detail.
Location: This position is located in Seattle and is a hybrid role. This person will be expected to go into the office 2-3 days/week.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Support Outreach’s forecasting and long-range planning for R&D, leading the day-to-day business partnering effort with budget owners
- Working with our Accounting, R&D, and other FP&A team members to perform month- and quarter-end close and reforecasting activities
- Proactively analyze and evaluate the business, identifying key operating trends, opportunities for growth, and more prudent expense management. You will play a crucial role in optimizing resource allocation, cost management, and overall financial planning for our cloud infrastructure
- Building financial models and leading ad hoc analyses to better understand technology spend and providing recommendations to improve financial performance to R&D leadership
- Maintain and update our AWS model, highlighting risks and opportunities and providing insights to drive increased efficiency
Our Vision Of You
- 3-5 years of progressive financial analysis experience. Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA a plus
- Proven experience with financial modeling, business analysis, FP&A, and analytics
- Experience with financial planning software tools (previous experience with Anaplan a plus)
- Previous experience supporting Engineering and/or Product functions with a strong understanding & passion of the overall technology landscape is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to drive structure in ambiguity
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and listening)
The base salary range for this role is $70,000 - $130,000. You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status