Manager, Technical Support - Plus Support
IT, Customer Service
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
About the Team
As a member of the Technical Support Engineering Team, we are the front line at Outreach who interact with more customers than anyone else in the company. We are the face of Outreach and own that we are the voice of the customer. We are driven to recognize patterns and advocate results- whether they be process updates, product investments or training for our own team. But every pattern begins with one conversation - and we have the commitment, empathy, urgency and expertise to meet every interaction with the respect everyone deserves.
As the Manager, Technical Support (Plus), you will be accountable for building and leading a team of Technical Support Engineers who serve our customers, manage escalations, mentor and provide assistance to the rest of the support organization as well as lead with bug identification, release rollouts and partnership with engineering. This position is an integral part of Outreach’s long-term relationship with its global customers, and the efforts put forth by you will directly impact the long-term success of the relationship. In order to succeed, you must have the passion and energy to work in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment.
You are an exceptional support manager, with demonstrable experience building teams, career pathing, leading through change and high growth companies as well as passion for the customer and of course, a sense of humor and ability to build a team everyone wants to work with. Reporting to the Director of Global Support, you will work closely with our Customers, Customer Success Managers, Client Engagement Managers, Sales, Product Management and Engineering and provide feedback and influence leadership on ways support can enhance customer experience.
This role is based in Mexico City, MX and will be an office based position once an office is established. We are looking for someone locally in Mexico City.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Develop and lead a team of Technical Support Engineers, providing enterprise-level, world-class customer support, servicing customers and internal teams
- People management responsibilities, including recruiting, career development, performance management
- Identify patterns and trends in tickets to resolve issues holistically
- Root cause analysis
- Advocate/manage needed changes in product
- Manage to KPIs, including quality, process and procedures
- Lead the TSE team in mentoring and coaching the rest of the Support team
- Partner with engineering and product management to manage critical situations and incidents proactively and reactively
- Act as On-Call Support leader or escalation contact in a rotation during evening and weekend hours
- Advocate customer issues within the organization to build the best customer experience
Our Vision of You
- You have 3-5+ years experience in managing IT or Support organizations, with a BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field. You successfully attract, retain and develop high-performing, diverse and highly technical teams while fostering a culture of inclusivity
- Demonstrate a considerable understanding of enterprise software implementations and SaaS technologies. You have the ability to quickly synthesize data and analytics to formulate sound program objectives, goals and innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment
- You're comfortable managing escalated accounts, and driving incidents, problems, and escalation management to successful resolutions. And if not a successful resolution, you know when to escalate and ask for help
- Excel in logical problem solving and communication skills, particularly when confronted with time-sensitive issues that require difficult decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentations skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others. You bring experience managing and communicating up to ensure executive teams are in the know
- Ability to work with different stakeholders at varying levels to drive change by working collaboratively and providing leadership that drives results
- Ideally you bring experience working with Sales and Marketing teams and have experience with the technologies we use, including: Outreach, Gmail, Jira, Zendesk, Salesforce, O365 Outlook, Slack, Tableau