Account Executive, Mid-Commercial, Growth
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About the Team
Our Mid-Commercial, Growth, Account Executive team is responsible for managing the deal cycles from generation to close for our current customers in our Commercial space (51-500 Employees). Additionally, the Mid-Commercial, Growth, Account Executive also manages renewals with assistance from our Customer Success teams.
At Outreach, we win as a team and you will find that the team is well resourced with access to cross functional teams such as SDR’s and Solutions Consultants who are on deck to help the Commercial AE team be successful. You will also have a hands-on leader who maintains a manageable, AE to Manager ratio which will allow them to be present in your day to day and provide prescribed coaching so that you have the highest likelihood of success within your role.
The Commercial AE team focuses on value selling to ensure we’re building an effective business case throughout the sales process that demonstrates an undeniable ROI. You’ll also be trained on MEDDPIC which Outreach uses to ensure each AE has enough qualified pipeline to achieve quota.
This team is one of the most successful sales teams at Outreach and sellers with a pattern of success will appreciate the team's openness in sharing winning ideas and learning new ones from others with the intention of achieving sales targets.
As a Mid-Commercial Growth Account Executive, you will be the CEO of your own business and responsible for overseeing a successful territory plan in a specific sales geo-territory. Specifically, you will have the responsibilities of deeply understanding the prospects needs and pains, demoing Outreach's entire platform to solve those needs or pains, providing technical assistance throughout the sales process to ensure we can do what we say we can do within their environment and successfully present a business case that clearly demonstrates a ROI.
Location: We are looking to hire within New York City for a hybrid working model, typically 2-3 days/week in our Flatiron location WeWork.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Contribute to the winning environment by committing to your own self development and cheering on and adding to the development of your teammates
- Build and manage a territory plan that builds a realistic plan towards quota achievement
- Prospect approximately 50-60% of your own pipeline by leveraging the Outreach platform. Tasks will include daily research, cold calling, sending email campaigns and using tools such as 6Sense, ZoomInfo and LinkedIn.
- Conduct thorough discovery calls where you clearly identify the pain and needs of senior executives (CEO, CRO, CFO, CMO, VP of Sales Operations)
- Demonstrate the Outreach platform’s ability to solve high level pains
- Work deals from discovery to close within a typical 30-60 day sales cycle
- Accurately identify risk within deals by using the MEDDPIC methodology and work with your leadership, internal partners and executives to mitigate those risks
- Forecast deals appropriately using Outreach’s forecast methodology
Our Vision of You
- 2+ years or more of SaaS sales closing experience, preferably for a multi-product company
- Proven success in expanding additional products within current customers
- Proven success of renewing customers on an annual basis
- Consistent track record of hitting goal and numbers
- Demonstrated, proven success in relationship building, pipeline management, prospecting, contract negotiation and closing customers
- Ability to build positive relationships and influence. Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent
- Experience leveraging Salesforce.com, Outreach.io, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn and/or 6Sense
Compensation for this role is comprised of a base salary and a variable component, ranging between $135,000 OTE - $190,000 OTE. You may also be offered incentive compensation, restricted stock units, and benefits. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
See more open positions at Outreach
Something looks off?