Sales Director, Mid Enterprise
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About the Team
The Mid-Enterprise Account Executives partner with our potential customers who have over 1,500 - 5000 employees. We are product experts and ambassadors for Outreach. We build deep knowledge and understanding of our customers' goals and pain points to enable them to have the insights to create & close pipeline through the Outreach Sales Execution Platform.
We enjoy learning new sales trends & methodologies, going to industry events, subscribing to blogs/podcasts, reading books, and researching case studies so we can grow together. As a team, with the Sales Development Representatives, Value Consultants, and Solution Consultants, we work closely together to champion our customers, share success stories, celebrate our wins, and share goals.
The Sales Manager, Mid-Enterprise will lead a team of 8 Account Executives who land and expand. As an integral member of the sales leadership team, your prior experience will be valued in this fast-growing organization where everyone rolls up their sleeves to achieve the ambitious, yet attainable goals we achieve every year. In this role, you will serve as an active member of the Sales Leadership team and build strong, collaborative relationships throughout the Sales, Support, Pre-Sales, and Success organizations. You will assess the needs of our customers and gather user feedback to improve upon existing solutions and design and iterate sales processes and operations.
Location: We require this person to reside in the Seattle, WA, New York City, NY, or San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Supports direct reports by participating and leading in client and prospect meetings or engaging other corporate resources as required.
- Ongoing development of sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and training new reps on the Outreach sales process.
- Conducts weekly forecast meetings. Coaches direct reports re: strategies to drive closure
- Reports on sales activity and forecast to the Regional Vice President
- Consistently monitors the sales activity of the team, and tracks the results
- Collaborate with sales enablement, marketing, product and technology business leaders to ensure optimal support of sales activity.
- Assess the needs of our customers and gather user feedback to improve upon existing solutions and design and iterate sales process and operations.
- 2 plus years of outstanding results in leading team(s) at sales organizations, delivering new customer growth
- Results-driven coach, mentor, and role model who manages and develops best-in-class talent and drives group results through teamwork and individual performance improvement
- Proven ability driving process improvements while leveraging strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated, proven success in lead generation, prospecting, contract negotiation, and closing customers
- Proven ability to build positive relationships and influence. Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent
- Experience leveraging Salesforce.com & Outreach.io
Compensation for this role is comprised of a base salary and a variable component, ranging between $175,000 - $295,000. You may also be offered incentive compensation, restricted stock units, and benefits. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
See more open positions at Outreach
Something looks off?