Sr. Instructional Designer
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About the Team
The Customer Education Team reduces barriers to learning Outreach by building and delivering world-class educational products to all our customers based upon common roles and workflows. We focus on scale first, developing modular material - from On-Demand to Instructor-led offerings - to get our customers up-to-speed quickly and improve the way they work.
At Outreach our Instructional Designers help lead our customers to success by providing educational material. Our Instructional Design team provides vital Product and Change Management education, enabling our customers to succeed. Internally, the Instructional Designer's impact will be felt company-wide through reducing support tickets and customer calls, reducing customer churn, and increasing customer value and adoption.
As an Instructional Designer you will partner with our teams and clients to solve problems, think strategically, and create amazing training material. You are knowledgeable on Sales Execution platforms and processes, and bring your design skills and experience to strengthen our team. You’ll assist and collaborate with teammates in the development of customer education content and you’ll be integral in contributing to the evolution of our design language and style guidelines to create best-of-breed educational material.
This is a hybrid position based 3 days per week from either our Seattle or Atlanta offices.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Collaborating with internal Product, Success, Training and Marketing teams to determine key needs and areas of focus for education content
- Scoping, creation, and evolution of engaging, scalable content to drive customer outcomes
- Creating self-paced courses, training assets and supporting resources including videos, job aids, assessments, and other collateral.
- Writing scripts, recording voiceover, recording screen captures, editing audio and video, designing slides, creating video animations, and using approved graphics, photography and videography
- Understanding customer impact and sentiment and building action plans to maintain net positive feedback
- Working with go-to-market teams to capture latest functionality releases for internal enablement and external educational
- Maintaining working knowledge of customers’ different personas and use cases
- Assisting with the managing and administering of the Learning Management System (LMS) and other learning systems.
- Designing performance-based, measurable learning assessments which directly align to learning objectives
Our Vision of You
- Experienced Designer - You have 3+ years of experience in instructional design, technical course development, curriculum management, or a related field (ie. L&D, enablement), ideally in a fast paced SaaS environment. You hold and actively maintain at least one Certification pertinent to Instructional design.
- Project Manager - You have strong project management skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects and deliver quality content quickly in a fast paced environment
- Customer First Attitude - You are obsessed with the learner’s experience and apply best practices in adult learning to your design. You are also passionate about delivering value quickly to the customer and you take a highly iterative approach to your design
- Strategic Problem Solver - You thrive at identifying, creating, and incorporating the most effective and innovative practices in the learning industry
- Technical Aptitude - You have experience with e-authoring tools such as Camtasia, Articulate 360, and Adobe Creative Cloud. You have experience making animations using After Effects. You have experience with LMS software (Skilljar preferred).
- Exceptional Written & Verbal Communication Skills - You are a strong communicator, with clear concise communication in both written and presentation form.
- You embody our core values - We play full out, operate from a mindset of abundance, win impeccably, elevate the customer and rally the culture
- 3+ years experience working at a fast paced Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company
- Experience in Customer Success, Customer Education/Enablement, and/or Professional Services
- Experience working with modern Learning Management Systems (Skilljar)
- Comfortable collaborating with and presenting to all levels within the organization, including senior leadership
- Experience building and maintaining certification programs
The base salary range for this role is $95,000 - $155,000. You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
See more open positions at Outreach
Something looks off?