Director, Solutions Consulting
Sales & Business Development
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About The Team
The Solutions Consulting team is an integral part of the Outreach Go-To-Market function. We focus on driving real business impact for customers by being both platform and domain experts. SCs are expected to understand our existing customer’s challenges and objectives - then guide them toward lasting solutions. We do this by partnering with other functions, internally (sales, professional services, product, engineering, success, marketing) and externally (partners). The ownership is tangible on this team - our customer’s pain is our pain and their win is our win.
The Solutions Consulting Leader will partner with leadership from the sales, professional services, and customer success organizations in the Enterprise segment, and manage a high-impact team. The ideal candidate will have experience building and developing high-performing PreSales teams focused on the largest companies, as well as broad experience in account strategy, coaching, and a desire to develop processes and structures to support a strategic segment. The successful candidate is a proven leader who loves to build high-growth enterprise software business, driving strategic customer outcomes through both their own experience and, more importantly, through the efforts of their highly talented team.
This role will be critical in both the leadership of the team as well as a critical resource to work with top executives at the largest companies. Helping to consult and advise those leaders on how Outreach’s platform, services, and ecosystem can help their sales team members reach their fullest potential and their companies grow.
If you are the type of individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are developing and executing account strategies, building, leading, coaching a high-performance team, and connecting through cross-functional collaboration with every area of the organization, this is a fantastic opportunity for you!
Open to a hybrid schedule with 3-4 days per week based in our Seattle office
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Attract, hire, manage, coach, and develop employees to ensure teams are high-performing.
- Drive changes to ensure the team is structured effectively to provide proactive and reactive support to customers.
- Create a team environment that sustains a highly motivated group working to achieve common objectives together.
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts, and customer care
- Manage team members with a high level of measurement and accountability
- Develop and execute methods to learn from losses and celebrate wins
Sales activity and oversight
- Drive customer success, sales methodology, and sales success in support of exceptional quarterly and annual sales achievement. Ensure successful delivery of POCs and guided technical validation efforts.
- Support Solutions Consultants and sales reps on all sales activities including needs analysis, data review, product demonstrations, and other general sales support as a player/coach.
- Close business with accounts of all sizes, and develop relationships with key customers.
- Communicate effectively with sales, management, customers, and support staff.
- Travel to customer locations in the territory to support sales efforts
- Meet with Sales and Sales/Revenue operations leaders to consult with them on how Outreach’s platform can best support the growth of their business.
- Be a partner to the Sales VP and leaders aligned to the Enterprise segment to help define territory strategy, sales execution, and team execution
Industry and platform knowledge
- Keep abreast of sales trends to increase your credibility in the industry e.g. going to industry events, subscribing to blogs/podcasts, reading books, and researching case studies. Learn about the experiences other customers have with Outreach to apply these successes and learnings to conversations. Become a solution expert - platform features, value, and use cases
- Understand the sales technology and consulting ecosystem to best position Outreach’s value within the ecosystem
- Understand the common business processes and challenges of enterprise sales teams to be able to execute, grow and coach a team that can articulate Outreach’s platform value in the context of those common business problems
- Reflect on successes and failures, and make improvements to your ways of working as a result.
- Work cross-functionally to drive visibility and collaboration for process improvement
Our Vision of You - Role Experience
- You will have built, retained, and developed a Solutions Consulting team of between 5-10 Solutions Consultants selling a multifaceted platform to a range of personas
- You will thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with changing priorities
- Your primary focus will be selling the value of the Outreach Platform to new and existing customers, securing large transformational deals reaching into 7 and 8 figures
- You have 5+ years of leading a high-performing PreSales Solution Consulting team (remote/field resources), including both transactional sales and strategic selling
- 7+ years as a PreSales Solution Consultant with a demonstrated track record of success working in the field on opportunities yourself.
- You will have experience selling a technology that compliments and integrates with CRM (e.g. Sales Engagement, Forecasting, Marketing Automation, Account Based Marketing)
- You will be fully comfortable and confident talking about data models, functional requirements, addressing a range of stakeholders, and positioning value in sales cycles
- You will know the pains and challenges and objectives of the personas we sell into (CRO, CFO, CIO, RevOps)
- You will be comfortable with and knowledgeable in the modern tech stack of high-performance sales teams and what ‘good’ looks like and be able to hold a detailed and passionate conversation on this
Selling knowledge and expertise
- You are knowledgeable in best practice sales processes, methodologies, and technologies.
- You have experience in team selling with multiple overlapping roles that collaborate and communicate constantly to push the deal forward and win as a village, but you’re also used to blurring the lines and doing what is needed to do what is right for the customer and for Outreach
- You use this knowledge to manage a combination of high-volume transactional business, enterprise selling, and solution selling
- You’re a proven collaborator who can liaise with all levels and departments within an organization
- You are constantly on the lookout for the best talent to bring onboard and come with a network within the space we are in and know great talent from good talent
- You understand and are experienced in career coaching, performance management, in change management and are able to navigate difficult conversations with grace and compassion
- You know when to flag situations / escalate to leadership
Communication and organization
- You are methodical and able to multitask and prioritize well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- You are pragmatic and goal-oriented, with a bias for action over planning, with the ability to pivot and bring others with you
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral, able to influence others and negotiate effectively
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
See more open positions at Outreach
Something looks off?