Supply Chain Specialist
Mayvenn is a leading tech-based beauty product and service platform specializing in high-quality hair extensions. Based in Oakland, CA, we are the premier nationwide online-to-offline salon services brand. We partner with independent stylists across the country to provide customers with timely booking for in-salon appointments and access to Mayvenn hair products. Mayvenn is partnering with the largest retailer in America to launch our first retail experience location, which has the opportunity to expand nationwide.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Mayvenn is looking for a specialist to oversee the supply chain of our E-commerce and Retail stores. The Supply Chain Specialist will develop and execute Mayvenn’s global strategies to manage procurement and supply chain from China, while optimizing the performance and cost-effectiveness of our logistics strategy. This is a new role at Mayvenn and as such you will also take an active part in crafting the ways of working and the roles and responsibilities of this role. You will be working closely with Mayvenn’s Leadership Team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage purchasing and strategy of inventory for online and offline retail stores.
- Inventory forecasting and looking for ways to improve efficiency and costs.
- Manage and monitor inventory levels for all retail stores and E-commerce.
- Work with Retail managers to strategize in-store SKU selection and inventory needs.
- Manage and communicate with the QA team in China (team of 2)
- Set up ongoing processes and analysis to improve the quality, availability, and deliverability of all sourced products from China.
- Produce periodic executive reports outlining supply chain status, inventory levels, and risk factors.
- Lead sourcing projects to identify, evaluate, and select preferred suppliers, including qualitative and quantitative analysis of suppliers and writing contracts.
- Ensure strategic, multiple sources of supply to mitigate risk and maximize supplier competitiveness.
- Formulate plans with minimal information while working at a fast-paced start-up.
- Travel nationally and internationally up to 20% time.
Salary Range: $70,000-$90,000/year
- Fluent in Mandarin
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in procurement and strategic sourcing materials globally
- Supplier management and negotiation skills
- Inventory forecasting
- Strong communication skills including presentation skills
- Travel of up to 20% possible
- Must be in or willing to relocate to the Bay Area - our office is located in Oakland, CA
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- You are at the forefront of creating a new, disruptive beauty experience
- This is the chance to be entrepreneurial, nothing is sacred
- We are backed by some of the biggest VCs in the world including Andressen Horowitz
- We have an incredibly diverse and engaged team looking to win
In addition to offering ownership and achievement in your work, we offer competitive pay and benefits (health insurance, paid family leave, 401K + match, etc.)