Senior Technical Writer
Markforged (NYSE: MKFG) is reinventing the $1 trillion+ worldwide manufacturing industry so that engineers can build anything they imagine while reducing environmental impact. With the market’s most robust 3D printing hardware, software and material solution, a world-class team, great customers and abundant capital, we’re well placed to continue our growth and innovation.
As a technical writer in the Technical Documentation team, you will own projects to reimagine our documentation, video, multimedia, and documentation systems. The team is charged with creating and updating all forms of content related to the installation, operation, and repair of our equipment.
The goal of the team is to create a range of content and content styles to bolster our self service content. Each piece of content we deliver directly impacts the volume of support calls and puts our customers on a path to self reliance.
If you are experienced in technical documentation and video in a technical environment and are looking to get into the world of 3D printing this is a great opportunity.
This position is ideal for someone interested in content development and technical writing who is experienced in their career and looking to have more ownership of their day to day work and larger projects.
In this role you will:
- Create documentation supporting the installation, use, and troubleshooting of our full line of printers
- Perform systems maintenance for our documentation website hosted in Salesforce Community
- Create diagrams and job aids to support existing documentation
- Own daily management of our Task assignment system in Jira
- Create and update monthly reports for team productivity for bandwidth tracking
- Mentor junior writers
- Fulfill content based requests from Engineering, Product, and Support
- Produce Video content for technical subjects to augment existing documentation
- Perform other content creation and maintenance tasks as needed
- This position reports to the Manager, Productization Engineering
What we look for:
- Engineering or other Technical Degree or Communications Degree with other technical experience
- 3-7 Years Technical Writing experience
- Project management experience
- Video Production experience
- Hands-on technical experience
- Team player who can take a set of instructions and run
- Experience in the full Adobe Suite, specifically Indesign and Premiere
- Experience with HTML, markdown, Git, or other similar systems and languages
- Basic understanding of 3D printing concepts
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!