Director, Customer Experience/Support
Markforged (NYSE: MKFG) is reinventing the $1 trillion+ worldwide manufacturing industry so that engineers can build anything they imagine while reducing environmental impact. With the market’s most robust 3D printing hardware, software and material solution, a world-class team, great customers and abundant capital, we’re well placed to continue our growth and innovation.
We need exceptionally talented and versatile people to join our team in Waltham, MA and support our growing customer base. If you have a vision of how to drive an exceptional customer experience through excellent technical support, online content and training and can effectively lead a team to achieve that success, we would love to speak with you. We are looking for an innovative, dynamic, and driven leader to effectively lead our Customer Solutions team. We're looking for someone who has a passion for making customers successful and creating a positive team work environment that will thrive in a department that carries high expectations and visibility.
What will you own?
- Manage our Customer Support, Technical Documentation and Training Teams.
- Manage the performance and growth of a fast growing 14 person team.
- Make Customer Solutions a competitive advantage through excellence at every customer and Value Added Reseller (VAR) touch point.
- Be accountable for service metrics and response quality of incoming tickets both internally and to the channel.
- Improve the customer experience through intuitive and high quality technical self help content.
- Drive training and certification of our Value Added Resellers to provide a high level of support to their customers and hold them to the same level of quality we will hold ourselves.
- Create efficient and scalable processes that support our customers, allow us to scale and turn data info into valuable feedback for the rest of the business.
- Drive the roadmap, selection and development of Customer Support tools and systems.
- Advocate for the customer and team through the Software, Hardware and Materials NPI programs and ensure the team is ready and positioned to succeed.
- Analyze, develop and launch process and tools both internally and externally to our Value Added Reseller network.
- Build a positive team culture that is recognized by the business and puts the customer first.
What you have:
- Excellent people and relationship management
- Detail oriented and capable of managing complex processes and programs
- Ability to work cross-functionally across global teams
- Experience working with or leading external and global support teams
- 5+ years of customer facing experience, ideally in management
- Experience creating technical content and training programs
- Experience leading support in a channel focused business
- Experience working with and building process in ticketing platforms such as Zendesk, Salesforce, or JIRA
- Needs reporting experience in SFDC
- Ability to lead change, coach and manage individuals to improve operational efficiencies
- Ability to make data-driven decisions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence effectively across organizational levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical background or work related experience in: Systems Engineering, Hardware, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or Software; 3D Printing or Robotics experience is a plus
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!