Senior Mechanical Engineer
Markforged (NYSE: MKFG) is reinventing the $1 trillion+ worldwide manufacturing industry so that engineers can build anything they imagine while reducing environmental impact. With the market’s most robust 3D printing hardware, software and material solution, a world-class team, great customers and abundant capital, we’re well placed to continue our growth and innovation.
The ideal candidate will work well in fast moving multi-disciplinary teams consisting of mechanical, electrical, software, and systems engineers. Familiarity with electromechanical integration will be especially important because you’ll be a part of a team that’s developing complex, high performance systems which are driven by state of the art software.
- Design, develop and validate complex systems that integrate content and constraints from several engineering disciplines
- Contribute to product development at all stages of the product life cycle, from early concept through production and sustaining
- Be a primary individual contributor to part, assembly, fixture, and test design
- Collaborate with product and engineering leadership to define engineering specifications, evaluate trade-offs, drive design decisions and develop and execute validation plans
- Be a leader within the engineering department advocating for best practices, driving cross functional collaboration and continuous improvement of designs, processes and tools
- Pursue the rapid creation and transfer of knowledge to drive technical progress and efficient decision making
- Review the work of other engineers to ensure a high technical standard and consistency
- Clearly and proactively communicate to others within and across projects and functions
What you have:
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, (M.S. preferred)
- 5+ years demonstrated success delivering complex electromechanical systems including industrial automation equipment, robots or similar systems that combine actuation systems, motion control, custom sensor integration, electronics, thermal systems or similar content
- Strong fundamentals in the field of Mechanical Engineering including design and analysis from 1st principles, trade-studies, failure analysis and system integration
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: FEA, machine design, tolerance analysis, GD&T, DFx, sheet metal design, product compliance
- Experience with the manufacturing methods: milling, turning, sheet metal, casting, injection molding, metal forming, extrusion
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team of engineers through influence. A willingness to share know-how and best practices learned through your years of real-world experience
- Familiarity with using data capture and analysis tools such as MathCAD, Matlab, Python, etc.
- Expertise in trade-off analysis for complicated system design; identifying problems, proposing and evaluating candidate solutions and driving towards the best solution
- Experience in 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred), PDM, and PLM (Arena)
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!