Markforged (NYSE: MKFG) is reinventing the $1 trillion+ worldwide manufacturing industry so that engineers can build anything they imagine while reducing environmental impact. With the market’s most robust 3D printing hardware, software and material solution, a world-class team, great customers and abundant capital, we’re well placed to continue our growth and innovation.
We are seeking an experienced VP of Operations at Markforged. Your collaboration with the broader Markforged organization will be essential as you work diligently to ensure operational execution success and deliver measurable results against our annual objectives. You will be a key member of the operations leadership team. Your leadership will drive efficiency, scalability, and continuous improvement. Join us in improving execution for our internal teams and customers.
Day-to-Day Operational Leadership:
- Foster an environment of collaboration and inclusiveness with a sense of urgency
- Work with customer support delivery leaders to identify areas for advancing operations workstreams to support a customer-first culture
- Responsible for providing global operations units with effective operations controls and business analytics supporting Productivity, Asset Management, and Employee Engagement performance objectives
- Served as day-to-day lead between Corporate Financial Planning & Accounting teams and Global Operations in measuring actual financial performance
- Monitor and assess existing execution workflows, recommending and implementing improvements as necessary to enhance efficiency and/or team experience.
- Establish a Safety Program and Lead EH&S across entities globally
- Manage day-to-day facilities management across all regions
Strategic and Structural Process Management and Improvement:
- Leadership of operations program managers in contract manufacturing to ensure efficient and effective Contract Manufacturing
- Operations leadership for Markforged Sweden, including operational commercialization leadership, improved requirements for manufacturability, streamlined consumable and spare parts to ensure customer experience
- Collaborate with Global Logistics Leader and 4PL Program Management to Improve operating processes, data insights, and controls to ensure the fulfillment of goods globally, efficient quality management, and inventory controls
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in manufacturing leadership roles, including offshoring manufacturing and leading commercialization from startup to initial launch.
- Minimum of 15 years in continuous and discrete manufacturing
- Proven ability to lead and inspire cross-functional teams in engineering for manufacturing, facilities and EH&S, and contract manufacturing
- Strong execution skills with a focus on optimizing processes for efficiency and scalability.
- Master’s degree in business management and Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field.