Technical Support Engineer - EMEA
Markforged (NYSE: MKFG) is reinventing the $1 trillion+ worldwide manufacturing industry so that engineers can build anything they imagine while reducing environmental impact. With the market’s most robust 3D printing hardware, software and material solution, a world-class team, great customers and abundant capital, we’re well placed to continue our growth and innovation.
The goal of the Technical Services team is to drive positive customer experience, and customer success with Markforged products. We accomplish this through timely and accurate responses to questions, providing training and coaching, listening to the customers’ needs and enabling them to make the best use of their investment in our technology. We are looking for people with the right mix of technical knowledge, empathy and compassion, communication skills, and the ability to get the job done, and done well.
We operate a Partner Led Support Model, providing tier two support to our reseller network with occasional direct contact with the customer.
What will you own:
- Represent Markforged by providing excellent Technical Support to our resellers and customers, driving towards an excellent customer experience
- Develop knowledge and competence of a diverse range of technologies
- Investigate, troubleshoot, follow up and resolve customer issues and questions
- Be an active member of a team that provides first class support via email, web and phone
- Collaborate with other Markforged teams to ensure continuous improvement all round; we work, and succeed as One Team
- Create new, and improve existing technical documentation
- Any other duties as reasonably required
What you have:
- Proven experience as a Technical Support Engineer (or similar background) with demonstrable success of working on complex systems
- The ability to solve complex and diverse problems where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of factors (including log files and telemetry) with imaginative and innovative troubleshooting and experimentation
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to apply logical thinking to solve a problem
- Working knowledge of compressed gas cylinders, gas equipment, or similar high-pressure systems is an advantage
- Competence in Salesforce, or other CRM an advantage
- Experience of working with international teams is advantageous
- The ability to own a function independently, transparently, and consistently
- Self-motivation, with a passion to learn
- Excellent English language, verbal and written, communication skills are essential and German and / or French in addition would be advantageous
- Ability to travel as needed to go on site for a support intervention or Partner visit, Team Meetings and training in Europe or our US headquarters (up to 30% could be required)
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!