Controls Systems Engineer II
Markforged (NYSE: MKFG) is reinventing the $1 trillion+ worldwide manufacturing industry so that engineers can build anything they imagine while reducing environmental impact. With the market’s most robust 3D printing hardware, software and material solution, a world-class team, great customers and abundant capital, we’re well placed to continue our growth and innovation.
We're looking for a Controls Systems Engineer II who is passionate about 3D printing, system design, GUI development, dashboarding, data acquisition and analysis, manufacturing systems, continuous improvement, and cross-functional collaboration. Technical aptitude, attention to detail, and a creative mindset are essential for this role. You'll be a valuable member of our highly collaborative team that manufactures 3D printing consumable filaments.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Engineering Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as functional lead to utilize Python and SQL to control equipment and implement effective data monitoring systems
- Design, specify, install, start up, troubleshoot, and improve upon process control systems, plant floor systems, business systems, and equipment
- Develop architecture integrating various control/data systems to enable plant scalability and productivity
- Contribute to cross-functional efforts to implement process improvements (reliability, waste, product quality, safety, cost) to meet business needs
- Employ strong troubleshooting skills to diagnose critical issues on the production floor and rapidly test/deploy iterative fixes that drive long-term resolution
- Stay up to date on the state of technology in control and computer hardware/software to effectively plan for future projects and upgrade equipment
- Ensure that all proposed changes are documented and controlled using the established change management process
- Be the first point of contact to troubleshoot electrical and controls system related issues
We’re looking for:
- Experienced with Python and SQL programming languages for embedded systems
- Ability to identify, maintain, and utilize SCADA systems to monitor and maintain KPIs
- Solid grasp of electronic fundamentals and EE design principles
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot networked devices as well as integrate them with cloud/enterprise software
- Familiar with Inductive Automation’s Ignition Platform
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, analytical and process improvement techniques
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering or Computer Science and at least 2-3 years of relevant electrical/software controls manufacturing controls systems development experience is required, or 5+ years of hands-on experience
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!