Inside Sales Representative
Markforged (NYSE: MKFG) is reinventing the $1 trillion+ worldwide manufacturing industry so that engineers can build anything they imagine while reducing environmental impact. With the market’s most robust 3D printing hardware, software and material solution, a world-class team, great customers and abundant capital, we’re well placed to continue our growth and innovation.
As an Inside Sales Rep, you will be responsible for the initial prospecting and qualifying of Sales leads. Gathering prospect/customer information which includes: researching the prospect’s company for industry information, competitors, compelling business events, key decision-makers, and important information needed to take the prospect to the next sales stage. This is an exciting role for folks looking to gain entry into the world of sales at Markforged. It provides a foundation for future sales roles and is a great way to join a fast-paced and growing company.
What will you own?
- Responding and qualifying incoming leads in a timely manner via telephone and/or email who have shown engagement through advertisement, direct mail, email and tradeshow interests.
- Cold-call and email into targeted accounts, lists or personally researched contacts within a specified region/market to uncover and qualify opportunities.
- Take a “solution-selling” approach to active opportunities ensuring that each aspect of the Markforged platform is properly positioned to address customer/prospect needs and win opportunities.
- Build a network; research prospective clients through the use of web/social media, internal databases and external tools to identify leads.
- Utilizing company resources and existing customer references to build rapport and credibility to establish trust to further prospects along in the sales cycle.
- Managing and maintaining accurate prospect and customer account activity and information in the Salesforce.
- Provide ongoing Lead Development and nurturing strategies for prospects that are not currently ready to purchase.
- Working collaboratively with Channel Sales, Markforged Sales and marketing teams and all internal operations to support sales funnel to the sales team goals.
- Professionally represent Markforged at all times, working positively and effectively with internal resources and external customers.
What you have:
- At least 6 – 18 months of professional experience and/or training in an Inside Sales environment preferred
- Ability to understand and analyze customer requirements
- Excellent networking skills, both internal and external
- Experience working in a channel-based sales motion preferred
- Familiarity with SalesForce CRM / Outreach.io is preferred, but can be taught
- The ability to function in a team atmosphere, appreciate aggressive goals, and have excellent organizational/time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in rapidly evolving environment
- Ability to present in front of C-level prospects
- High energy, enthusiasm and ambition to grow in your career
- A positive, can-do attitude is a key quality to succeed on the Markforged sales team
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Interest in 3D printing a plus!
- We use Apple computers and G-suite collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!