Lead Quality Engineer, Filament Manufacturing
As Lead Quality Engineer you will lead a team of quality technicians to conduct and report on quality testing of incoming, in-process, and finished filament products used in 3D printers. You will be responsible for maintaining a manufacturing quality management system, and working with other stakeholders to continuously improve it and work to close existing process gaps. A background in materials science or process engineering, continuous manufacturing processes, and data analysis methods will enable you to identify areas for improvement throughout the factory.
We are seeking a candidate with experience leading manufacturing quality efforts. The ideal candidate will have experience with plastics or composite materials processing, and continuous manufacturing processes. You will be working in partnership with the materials Quality Engineer to ensure overall quality of materials manufacturing. This position is well suited for an experienced hands-on individual willing to be on the factory floor and directly involved in the manufacturing process. The nature of the position requires a person who is adaptable to change, and has the ability to thrive in an evolving work environment.
This is a full time position that will report to the Senior Director of Quality.
What you will own:
- Lead a team of quality technicians on their day-to-day work, and drive employee output
- Manage incoming quality inspection process, qualifications, and approvals
- Monitor quality KPIs while building strategies to maintain and improve performance
- Maintain manufacturing document control system
- Develop quality procedures for new and existing products
- Analyze quality performance utilizing statistical and analytical methods
- Work with a team of stakeholders to improve the manufacturing Quality Management System. Focus areas include:
- Documentation of processes and training to those processes
- Corrective and preventive action
- Periodic sampling and testing plans for all incoming and manufactured products
- Defect trend analysis and reporting
- Material review board and material dispositioning
- Quality documentation standards
- Adherence to ISO 9001:2015 procedures and documentation
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of manufacturing quality experience
- BS degree in Engineering or a related field
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, 5S, Six Sigma, and Kanban Systems
- Technical writing skills that include quality procedures and test plans
- Experience with PLM and Engineering Change Management systems for ECRs/ECOs/DEVs
- Experience with data analysis techniques
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in a facility operating under ISO 9001 certification
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!