Senior Financial Analyst
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be part of the FP&A/Strategic Finance team, which leverages financial information to drive strategic decision-making. The team generates insights and transparency by conducting detailed, thoughtful analyses of company financial metrics and KPIs. By partnering with colleagues throughout the organization, the FP&A team helps ensure that all departments successfully achieve their goals and drive the growth of Markforged. You will report to the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager in this role. This role will have high visibility to Executive leadership, including the CFO, CEO, CHRO, and others.
What will you own?
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the company’s budget
- Run monthly metrics around sales team performance and attainment against quota
- Manage monthly commission calculations for the sales team and partner compensation
- Build out public company KPIs and processes
- Represent the FP&A team as a business partner for departments throughout Markforged
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses and present findings and recommendations to management
- Assist in the development and updating of key metrics to gauge the organization’s health and operations
- Support the process of regularly reporting financial results to our Board of Directors
- Help scale our operations by assisting in the evaluation, implementation, and improvement of financial reporting systems
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or any highly quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in financial reporting and/or analysis or a related quantitative field
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Knowledge of working in and extracting data from Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Knowledge of commission systems such as CaptivateIQ, Xactly, etc.
- Experience with SAGEX3 ERP system a plus
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Self-starter with a proven track record of taking projects from start to finish
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to identify process gaps and recommend solutions
- Desire to learn from and teach others around you