Senior Operations Program Manager
Markforged is seeking a talented and motivated Operations Program Manager who will be part of Supply Chain Operations. The employee’s focus will be on delivering both strategic and tactical initiatives to the external supply base, particularly Contract Manufacturing. The Operations Program Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of manufacturing during all phases of the released product life cycle- production ramp, mature production and product discontinuance.
What will you own?
- As a business and supply chain lead for revenue programs, work cross functionally within Markforged and externally with contract manufacturers and key suppliers to oversee the manufacturing and delivery of finished goods to our global distribution network.
- Responsible for effectively planning, controlling, managing and delivering all products built by Marforged external supplier partner(s).
- Utilizes robust cost modeling tools to meet budgeted production costs in support of company profitability targets. Identify and pursue cost reduction initiatives.
- Maintain schedule commit dates to ensure customer delight.
- Triage issues and track ongoing actions.
- Schedule, manage and run regular Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Plan and track budgets and spending.
- Help improve team processes and tools.
- Coordinate and communicate product status regularly to project teams, stakeholders across the value chain and the executive leadership team.
- Responsible for indirect management of a team of Markforged subject matter experts, including- purchasing, planning, sourcing, quality, technical services, manufacturing engineers.
- Team Management, holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work. Promote empowerment of the team, mentoring team members where necessary.
- Travel, as required to meet suppliers and manufacturing partners
What you have:
- 5+ years of Project or Program Management experience in fast paced environments.
- BS in an Engineering or Business related field of study. Advanced degree and certification, desired.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple products in a cross functional environment.
- High proficiency across all MS office / G-Suite applications and tools.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!