Director, Business Systems
What will you own?
- Own the design, implementation and maintenance of the Markforged’s business systems -- including enterprise applications such as ERP, CRM, HRIS, and internally developed software tools -- with a focus on integration, automation, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, and the development of protocols and conventions to collect and analyze our data more effectively.
- Be comfortable in a player / coach capacity, especially in hands-on situations of configuring or implementing platforms.
- Directly manage IC and software engineers, business analysts, system architects, and other roles that would typically fall within a business systems team.
- Drive organizational utilization of business systems through creation and delivery user training for new and existing platforms and through collaborative process design across company leadership and department owners.
- Manage the implementation and execution of new/upgraded business information systems
- Recommend, evaluate, plan, and implement enterprise applications to support and meet current and future company objectives, based on the requirements of internal customers
- Develop, maintain and execute on business availability and disaster recovery for enterprise applications
- Stay abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Aspirations to to grow and develop the Business Systems team at Markforged, architecting our systems to create a single-source of truth, seamless integration, and the foundation for deep analytics capabilities
- 7+ years experience in information systems or information technology, with 3+ as a leader managing enterprise applications (CRM/ERP) architects, admins, and developers in a similar role
- Deep experience in the evaluation, implementation and maintenance of integrated business systems and processes
- Proven experience partnering with business system vendors on system implementations and maximizing value, as well as collaborating with departmental domain experts toward successful implementation and adoption
- Thorough understanding of data security and experience in how to handle and avoid any breach in security
- Experience with Salesforce. Experience with other core technologies is a plus (Sage ERP, Atlassian, Gsuite)
- We use Apple computers and Google collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.
This is a Hybrid position, located out of our Waltham, MA Headquarters.