Lead/Principal Product Manager
Hello, we’re Knoetic (<-rhymes with “poetic” 😊)!
We've raised over $50MM from Accel, EQT Ventures, Menlo, and 100s of angels (like Adam Grant).
Why did these world-class VCs and angels want in on Knoetic?
Because we’re building a “brain” for Chief People Officers that enables them to build healthy, productive, equitable workforces – and ultimately shapes the future of work.
How does it work?
The “left brain” is Knoetic Analytics – the quantitative insights. We integrate with HR systems (HRIS, recruiting platforms, performance platforms, etc), ingest all that disparate employee data, manipulate it via a complex transform process, and then push insights back to the customer in a user-friendly way. Chief People Officers use Knoetic Analytics to visualize their workforce, prepare for Board meetings, influence their executive team, workforce plan, uncover performance trends, and much more.
The “right brain” is CPOHQ – the qualitative insights. Chief People Officers join our executive community to tap the wisdom of their peers, find best practices, workshop pressing business challenges, and make meaningful connections. The role of the CPO has never been more complex, and CPOHQ is where they turn to inform the decisions that impact their employees.
By bringing Analytics & CPOHQ together, we give CPOs and their People teams a holistic view of what drives employees to come, stay, and feel valued at work. This is a platform unlike any other.
That’s where you come in!
We’re building a diverse team of Knoeticons who can thrive in our culture. If you're motivated to improve the work lives of millions of people as part of an ambitious and collaborative team, we'd love for you to join us on this ride :)
About The Role
Knoetic is hiring an NYC-based Principal/Lead Product Manager who is truly exceptional at their craft. Working directly with our Founder/CEO, you will strategize and execute on our highly ambitious vision: to build the world’s #1 platform for top Chief People Officers and their People teams.
If you're someone who aspires to build products wicked fast, delights in products with strong user intuition, and strives for amazing execution - we want to speak with you!
What you’ll do
- Execute on the product vision, working to translate high-level strategy into execution and delivery.
- Be our quarterback, facilitating collaboration that helps create great products and helping bring together our engineering, design, sales, and community teams.
- Become an expert on our customers and our market, helping to lead customer calls, sales conversations, and quantitative and qualitative user research.
- Make sure the trains run on time, leading the product development process in an agile and fast-paced environment (1-2 week sprints).
Who you are
- You have at least 5 years of Product Management experience (bonus points if you’re working on analytics/community-related products).
- You consider yourself technically proficient - knowledgeable about software engineering and web development concepts, as well as analytics/prototyping programs (Mixpanel, Amplitude, Figma, etc). Bonus points if you were previously a Software Engineer, or a Technical PM.
- You’re unreasonably obsessed about the details: You’re very comfortable asking hard questions and taking things to a very granular level. You’re never afraid of going 4-5 layers deep into a problem.
- You’re known to have the highest bar in the room: Your quality bar is insanely high, and you won’t be satisfied unless you ship an A++ user experience (and even then, still think of ways to get even better).
- You’re an animal: You sometimes take your work a little too seriously; to the point that many might call you obsessive. You’re that PM who will spend free time over the weekend dogfooding your product repeatedly just to make sure it’s perfect.
The key attributes we value in teammates:
- You like to win. You run through walls to achieve your goals, and you don't settle for participation trophies.
- You're intellectually curious, and intellectually humble. You approach problems with intellectual rigor, and with an open mind and ear. You’re not afraid to say, “I don’t know - but I’ll figure it out, fast.”
- You never say, “that’s not my job” - you take full ownership and responsibility over outcomes. You’re a force of nature that gets the job done no matter what it takes.
- You make everyone else on the team better. Your presence, positivity, and drive inspire others to step up their game. You put the company above your own wants.
- You’re known for your work ethic. You pride yourself on being one of the hardest-working person most people know.
- You’re constantly improving. You know there’s no such thing as perfection, and you’re always pushing yourself (and our company) to be better than you were yesterday.
- You’re confident that you are good, and humble to know you can be better: You’re honest, principled, smart, open to giving/receiving feedback, and focused on doing right for the company and doing right for the customer