InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading time series platform. More than 1,900 customers use InfluxDB to collect, store, and analyze all time series data at any scale. Developers can query and analyze their time-stamped data in real-time to discover, interpret, and share new insights to gain a competitive edge. InfluxData is a remote-first company with a globally distributed workforce. For more information, visit www.influxdata.com.
At InfluxData, we focus on developer happiness and the fastest time to awesome. At the core of this mission is a commitment to open source and the amazing community that contributes to it every day. We are the company supporting InfluxDB, the most popular Time Series Database in the world, and the open source products that power the InfluxData platform.
In this role, you’ll be a Product Manager focused on advancing our database product portfolio. This encompasses our Open Source, Commercial, On-Premise, and Cloud based products. This also includes our SQL & InfluxQL query language support; our Query, Write & Management APIs, & our visibility & management tools.
You’ll collaborate with our world-class engineers and product team to oversee the prioritization and planning of new capabilities, ensuring the security, and scale of the platform overall, and you’ll be working closely with the team to clarify requirements based on customer and community feedback.
You will also work closely with our sales, sales engineering, marketing, and support teams as well as directly with our customers to get a strong understanding of customer needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
Our end users are most often software engineers developing software using our platform for time series storage, retrieval and analysis. As such, this is a technical solution and will require reasonably strong technical skills. While we aren’t expecting a software developer (but certainly wouldn’t exclude one) in this role, we would expect the ideal candidate to know their way around a Linux command line and be able to write a few lines of python (or other language) code or at least be able to use CURL, Postman, or some other REST type tool to test APIs. The ideal candidate will also have at least a basic knowledge of the SQL Query language and have experience with database data models/schemas.
You’ll also need to know how to manage your own time efficiently and work collaboratively with peers in other parts of the organization including documentation, QA, product marketing, support, and developer evangelists. We are a completely remote company, so you will also need to be comfortable collaborating with people located across the world.
What you’ll be doing
- Drive product advancement and feature development across multiple development teams.
- Collaborate and write product requirements and acceptance criteria
- Participate in regular planning meetings with the engineering teams
- Represent our personas and provide needed feedback on new feature design and development to the team
- Give engineers the user context they need to build amazing things.
- Frequently consult with users, sales, support, and our community members to gather feedback on future product requirements
- Evangelize and present your product and product updates in webinars, conferences, and roadshows
- Create artifacts to surface valuable information about product developments and progress to the rest of the company
- Participate in prioritization exercises, gathering important data needed to help make prioritization decisions
- Build surveys, questionnaires and other tools to gather important data
- Build roadmaps and roadmap presentations
- Assist our sales team with sales presentations and product demonstrations
- Manage cloud marketplaces listings and offerings
What we're looking for
- 4+ years experience as a Product Manager or Software Engineer; or equivalent direct domain knowledge in the database or time series space
- Experienced with database software & technologies
- SQL query language expertise
- Experience with the SDLC process
- Experience in large-scale environments, preferably as part of a SaaS or PaaS product
- Superior communication skills; both written and verbal- with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels
- Natural curiosity and ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to energetically and dynamically present in front of large groups of people
Bonus points if you have
- 8+ years experience as a Product Manager or Senior Product Manager
- Experience managing a database or data pipeline product
- Experience managing both cloud and on-premise products
- Kubernetes familiarity
- Familiarity with authentication and authorization protocols and technologies in an Enterprise setting (OAUTH, SAML, LDAP, etc.)
- Github experience
- Experience using Product Management tools like Productboard or Prodplan
- Experience with BI/data visualization software (Tableau, Grafana, PowerBI, Domo, Looker, etc.)
- Experience with both Open Source and Commercial Products
To find a location’s zone designation or for additional information, please speak to your recruiter.
In addition to a competitive base salary, InfluxData offers comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan, flexible paid time off, home office or co-working reimbursements, and participation in InfluxData’s equity program (where applicable).
We offer fantastic benefits for full time employees; in the US these include:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- Annual professional development budget
- Financial planning and legal advice
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by applicable law.
To view our Know Your Rights Poster click HERE
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.