InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading time series platform. More than 1,900 customers use InfluxDB to collect, store, and analyze all time series data at any scale. Developers can query and analyze their time-stamped data in real-time to discover, interpret, and share new insights to gain a competitive edge. InfluxData is a remote-first company with a globally distributed workforce. For more information, visit www.influxdata.com.
We’re looking for a stellar Sr. Accountant to join our team! In this role, you will play an integral part in establishing financial processes and supporting the Controllership in the preparation of financial statements, ensure accurate and timely completion of UK/CAD entities, and take on general accounting tasks. We are looking for bright, empathetic, and goal-oriented individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to be able to make visible contributions to the company.
We are currently seeking individuals located in the PST or MST time zones in the US.
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting the Controllership in preparation of accurate and timely Financial Statements for the month, quarter, and year end close, in accordance with GAAP
- Full cycle UK & Canadian Entities
- Preparing balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure accurate account balances
- Assist with technical accounting projects related to revenue recognition and other SaaS related topics
- Monthly Allocations
- Partner Revenue monthly bookings
- Flux Analysis
- Monthly Bank reporting
- AR Cash Application
- Commissions review in Quotapath
- Assist with process documentation and improvement projects
- Ad hoc reporting and analytic projects
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 6 years of experience in an Accounting role
- Strong organizational and verbal / written English communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking capability
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a must
- You are self-motivated, deadline driven and results-oriented, a problem solver with a can-do attitude with strong teamwork skills and strong desire to drive changes
- You are highly skilled in MS Excel (pivot tables, Vlookup, etc.), able to work with large data sets and build reports
Bonus points if you
- Have a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certification
- Have experience with NetSuite and Expensify
Pay Transparency at InfluxData
InfluxData takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into two zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The offered starting salary will be determined based on the candidate’s job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. Ranges are evaluated on a periodic basis and are subject to change at the Company’s discretion.
Zone 1 Range: $90,000-120,000
Zone 2 Range: $80,000-100,000
To find a location’s zone designation or for additional information, please speak to your recruiter.
In addition to a competitive base salary, InfluxData offers comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan, flexible paid time off, home office or co-working reimbursements, and participation in InfluxData’s equity program (where applicable)
We offer fantastic benefits for full time employees; in the US these include:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- Annual professional development budget
- Financial planning and legal advice
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by applicable law.
To view our Know Your Rights Poster click HERE
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.