Software Engineer, Platform
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading time series platform. More than 1,900 customers use InfluxDB to collect, store, and analyze all time series data at any scale. Developers can query and analyze their time-stamped data in real-time to discover, interpret, and share new insights to gain a competitive edge. InfluxData is a remote-first company with a globally distributed workforce. For more information, visit www.influxdata.com.
In this role you will get the opportunity to build kubernetes automation for the provisioning and maintenance of clusters that host our database product for our customers. We are building infrastructure for the major three cloud providers to rapidly provision, scale, and decommission customer resources. Our team is 100% remote now and in the future. Being part of an on-call rotation is a requirement of this role.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing golang kubernetes operators.
- Implementing an internal API to expose infrastructure as a service.
- Designing, building, and operating a distributed systems solution for hosting InfluxDB.
- Communicating designs and reviews with fellow engineers.
- Building with and contributing to the kubernetes open source community.
What we’re looking for
- Strong CS fundamentals.
- 3 years of experience in platform engineering, operations, and automation.
- 3 years of experience working with the major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience working with kubernetes.
- Experience working with distributed asynchronous teams.
Bonus points if you
- Have experience working on distributed systems.
- Have experience building database systems.
- Have experience with Rust.
Pay Transparency at InfluxData
InfluxData takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into two zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The offered starting salary will be determined based on the candidate’s job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. Ranges are evaluated on a periodic basis and are subject to change at the Company’s discretion.
Range: £80,000 - 110,000 GBP
To find a location’s zone designation or for additional information, please speak to your recruiter.
In addition to a competitive base salary, InfluxData offers comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan, flexible paid time off, home office or co-working reimbursements, and participation in InfluxData’s equity program (where applicable)
We offer fantastic benefits for full time employees; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by applicable law.
To view our Know Your Rights Poster click HERE
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.