Business Development Representative
About the Team:
Netlify’s sales and business development teams fuel our top line by working closely with customers and partners across the globe, helping them understand the value of Netlify’s platform for their businesses.
We are seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our sales team as we build and define our customer journey. Your main focus will be partnering with prospective customers to help them understand Netlify's value, and generate new opportunities that add revenue pipeline for the sales organization. As a BDR, you’ll be developing your core sales skills while working cross-functionally on projects that will contribute to the long-term success of the team. This is a phenomenal opportunity to gain exposure within a fast-growing business as you jumpstart your career.
What You’ll Do:
- You will help define the process, write the playbook, create the systems, and execute the top of the funnel processes for Netlify's inbound leads.
- You will help create and foster a consultative, customer-first BDR culture that embraces creating lasting relationships with customers.
- You will learn how to leverage and develop proficiency with sales tools (Salesforce, Salesloft, etc.) to manage sales process and set standards for performance metrics.
- You will collaborate with the sales team to ensure a smooth handoff of new opportunities
- Develop account plans for gaining and expanding business.
- Develop trust and credibility with executive and technical stakeholders at target companies.
- Drive team projects to further develop and refine our sales process and go-to-market strategy
- Communicate with Engineering leaders to understand the problems their team faces, and how Netlify can help solve those problems
- Work with Account executives to refine discovery and presentation skills as we uncover prospects that are ready to engage with Netlify
- Understand our sales tech stack, workflows, and be able to diagnose areas of the workflow that could be easier
- Own a project that will expose you to cross functional peers, and serves the purpose of up-leveling the BDR team. One of our core focuses is to leave the team better then when you joined!
- Understand the promotion pathway, and develop an action plan with your manager to take the next step in your sales career and broader professional skills
What You'll Bring:
- Insatiable curiosity. Being a developer-oriented product means there is a lot of room to learn. You will have the opportunity to explore technical concepts and partner with customers to educate them on all things Netlify.
- A love of solving problems. You'll need to be comfortable digging through resources and interacting cross-functionally to help solve problems for customers and the broader team.
- Growth mindset. Things change fast when we are in high-growth mode, and there are learning opportunities all around you. Be ready to embrace an ambiguous and rapidly evolving environment.
- Initiative and Self-Motivation. You thrive in environments where you can take charge of your work and responsibilities and proactively deliver projects without the need for explicit instructions.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- We welcome candidates based in the United States or Canada for this position.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include:
A resume or short listing of your job history & skills (link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). We appreciate a cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role at Netlify to get to know you a bit better, though this is not required and will not impact your application. Our mission is to “build a better web” and that cannot be done without a diversity of skill sets, backgrounds and thoughts.
At Netlify, we’re on a mission to build a better web by making it easier than ever to build, deploy, and scale web applications. We are a Series D company with a $2B valuation and have raised over $200M from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT, Bessemer, BOND and Menlo Ventures. As a globally distributed organization, we aim to create a company culture where the best idea can come from anywhere and strive to be thoughtful, caring, and collaborative in our work within and across teams. To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our About page.
At Netlify, we are committed to equal pay for equal work. Our base compensation for this role is targeted at $51,000 - $69,000 for US-based locations. Netlify anchors our compensation philosophy on a market-based approach, therefore salary ranges may differ depending on the cost of labor in a particular location. In addition to robust benefits, participation in Netlify’s equity plan, and incentive pay/commission for eligible roles. The starting pay will be determined based on multiple factors, including expertise and skills, market demands, experience, internal equity, and applicable geographic location. These compensation packages and ranges are subject to change and may be modified in the future. Your Talent Acquisition partner will be available to answer any questions about this policy and/or the compensation range of your specific location during the hiring process.