Manager of Customer Success
Funnel Leasing Inc., is hiring for a Manager of Customer Success that can 'work from anywhere' in the U.S. The Manager of Customer Success will lead a team responsible for ensuring the success and satisfaction of our customers throughout their journey with our software solutions and managing the delivery of educational content to Funnel Customers. You will be crucial in driving customer retention, expansion, and advocacy by providing exceptional service and building strong relationships with our customers. You will interface with cross-functional teams including sales, customer success, support, product management, and development. Your team will work directly with the implementation team for new customers and existing customers to help these customers realize the value and benefits of the Funnel software solutions. You are responsible for managing the process, projects, escalations, documentation, best practices, employee onboarding & training, KPIs, and tools that lead to efficient execution and best-in-class customer experience.
We are a 'work from anywhere' in the U.S. SaaS company that centers our services on the renter experience. We develop amazing software that has revolutionized the #proptech industry. And did we mention we have an amazing team that is on #FunnelFire!? Oh, did we forget to tell you we have unlimited PTO, benefits that begin on your first day of employment, P.I.N.K. core values that ROCK, and our team puts the FUN in Funnel!
Employees may be eligible for various benefits. Generally, we provide employee access to:
- Health insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Company paid Life/AD&D
- Long-term Disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Retirement Plan - 2% company match
In addition to these benefits, we also offer
- Benefits effective on first date of employment
- Remote-first; work from anywhere within the US company culture
- Unlimited Discretionary Time off & Sick Leave
- 15 paid holidays
- One time remote work stipend
- Employee recognition program
- Employee-led Groups (ELG’s)
Who is Funnel Leasing?
Have you ever rented an apartment and wished the process could be better? At Funnel we do too. We know we need to make the process of renting an apartment as easy as purchasing socks on Amazon. We’ve created cloud-based marketing and leasing software that delivers the ultimate rental experience for everyone involved in the process. We’re in the process of transforming the real estate industry through cutting-edge technology built, sold, and supported by the most passionate people you’ll meet.
The Manager of Customer Success' essential roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Management & Leadership
- Be customer-focused and understand the importance of each customer journey phase. You are passionate and dedicated to the success of Funnel customers.
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a team of Customer Success Managers (CSMs) to ensure they deliver outstanding customer experiences and achieve their individual and team goals.
- Provide guidance, support, and ongoing training to develop the skills and knowledge of the Customer Success and Education teams.
- Foster a positive and collaborative team environment, promoting knowledge sharing and best practices.
- Be committed to knowledge management that facilitates scaling of the team.
- Aid or facilitate the management of internal projects and controls that facilitate the department goals.
- Evaluate departmental and company processes with a continual focus on improvement, leading to increased customer satisfaction, efficiency, effectiveness, and quality.
- Manages and guides the daily operational functions of the customer success and education teams.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive customer success strategy aligned with company goals, focusing on driving customer adoption, satisfaction, retention, and growth.
- Analyze customer success metrics, track customer health scores, and utilize data-driven insights to identify areas for improvement and develop proactive customer success initiatives.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders within our customer organizations, including executives and decision-makers.
- Act as a trusted advisor to customers, understanding their business needs, challenges, and goals and proactively providing strategic guidance and support.
- Identify opportunities for upselling, cross-selling, and expanding the usage of our software within existing customer accounts.
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop account plans and strategies for driving customer growth and expansion.
- Gather customer feedback, analyze trends, and work with internal teams to drive product improvements and enhancements based on customer needs and pain points.
- Develop, implement, and document business processes, policies, procedures, and BI that maximize the customer experience.
- Manage customer escalations with respect, efficiency, and understanding of the value of each customer experience.
- Be willing to develop a deep functional and technical understanding of Funnel products to ensure the effectiveness of the implementation team.
- Be willing to occasionally travel to customer sites to help facilitate successful customer relationships.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive training program strategy aligned with company objectives, ensuring our software solutions' effective adoption and utilization.
- Analyze customer needs, market trends, and product updates to identify training gaps and develop targeted training programs that address specific requirements.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, product managers, and internal stakeholders to design and develop engaging and effective training curricula, courses, and materials.
- Utilize instructional design principles and best practices to create engaging e-learning modules, instructor-led training sessions, virtual classrooms, and other learning resources.
- Oversee the delivery of training programs to customers, partners, and internal employees through various channels, including in-person sessions, webinars, virtual classrooms, and self-paced e-learning.
- Ensure training programs are delivered with a high level of professionalism, interactivity, and effectiveness, catering to different learning styles and skill levels.
- Define and implement training evaluation metrics and processes to assess the effectiveness and impact of training programs.
- Collect feedback from trainees, analyze training metrics, and utilize data-driven insights to continuously improve training materials, methodologies, and delivery approaches.
Culture & Communication
- Ability to navigate, influence, and communicate with poise to CxO/VP level and senior stakeholders (both internally/externally).
- Consult with various stakeholders to identify and help Customer Experience and corporate teams drive change management to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze customer data and metrics to drive actionable insights and improvements.
- Effectively communicate with employees, management, and vendors positively and professionally.
- Able to work with autonomy with minimal supervision.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and learning.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility. You excel in high-pressure situations and efficiently manage your time.
- Foster collaboration within the team and across the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at the manager's discretion.
- May be expected to work irregular hours to support dispersed client teams across the United States.
Education, Work Experience, Knowledge and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, or related field.
- 5+ years at a SaaS technology company is strongly preferred
- 3+ years of proven experience in a customer success management or account management role within a SaaS software company.
- Experience in educational solutions, management, content development and learning management systems.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a high-performing team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment and adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
- Customer Success Certification(s) is a plus
- Proficiency with
- Proficiency with project management, learning support tools, CRM software, PSA and customer success platforms.
- Experience leveraging data and business analysis to drive decisions
- Leadership and management skills that facilitate happy, productive, and high-performing teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Funnel provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, age, sex, familial or marital status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, or any other legally-protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Employees must be able to perform all essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Funnel may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.