As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, Ribbit Capital, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
We are looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, corporate counsel to serve as Commercial Counsel. You will assist with several vital legal initiatives, among them contract review and negotiation, counseling our finance and operations team, and human resources and employment matters. The ideal candidate will have experience in the fintech space and with M&A transactions. This is an exciting opportunity to work on challenging technology and business issues, supporting senior counsel. As we expand our offerings, your ideas and contributions will make an immediate impact.
This is a remote position. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $130,000 - $175,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
What You'll Do:
- Draft, review, and negotiate various types of commercial agreements, including master services, licensing, professional services, marketing, consulting, strategic partner, and nondisclosure agreements -- vendor agreements will be the primary focus of this role
- Interpret and advise on contract requirements, rights, and obligations, and provide assessments regarding risk exposure
- Provide guidance to resolve issues that arise in commercial relationships, including but not limited to, handling pre-litigation disputes and inquiries
- Coordinate with compliance, operations, sales, new markets and other teams at EarnIn to ensure that the vendor and commercial deals we enter into will support EarnIn’s current and future product development
- Other duties as assigned
What We're Looking For:
- 4-7 years of negotiating commercial contracts required, with a minimum of 2 years in-house experience
- Juris Doctor degree
- Strong customer service and team orientation required, with desire and ability to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of ownership and urgency
- Outstanding written, oral, and negotiation skills required; attention to detail is a must
- Strong deal-making and legal project management experience preferred
- In-house experience with a technology or financial services company preferred
- Expertise with G-Suite products, Jira, and Slack
- The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- fluency with, or eagerness to learn about, financial technology
- that she/he is a flexible, proactive self-starter, hard-working, quick-learning, and comfortable with informed decision-making, recognizing that there is no “perfect” contract
- business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while providing pragmatic advice
- strong analytical, advisory, and communication skills, including the ability to review, evaluate, and use plain English to effectively counsel business colleagues in a variety of departments on complex and routine legal questions relating to various business issues
- high energy, enthusiasm, and the ability to multi-task to consistently deliver outstanding, thoughtful, and focused results in a fast-paced and high-growth environment
- a good sense of humor