Senior Machine Learning Engineer (Contract)
As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real-time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, Ribbit Capital, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
Machine learning is the crucial enabler for every financial service EarnIn provides its community members. We are going through transformative investments in machine learning platforms and algorithms. We seek experienced engineers to shape and execute the vision of bringing state-of-the-art capabilities to our machine-learning stack. This position is a 3-month contract role with potential opportunity for extension. Our salaries are based on role, level and location.
What you will do:
- Design, build, and maintain the ML platform and tools to support the end-to-end machine learning lifecycle.
- Work closely with other machine learning engineers to understand their workflows, optimize model training and deployment processes, and ensure reproducibility.
- Ensure scalability, reliability, cost efficiency and ease of use of the machine learning platform.
- Contribute to the evaluation and adoption of new technologies and tools to enhance our machine-learning capabilities.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior team members.
- Set examples of outstanding operational excellence. Be the catalyst of step-jump changes.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of industry machine learning experience and excellent software engineering skills.
- Strong programming skills in Python, and familiarity with ML frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Experience with ML cloud platforms such as AWS Sagemaker, Databricks, or GCP Vertex AI.
- Familiarity with data pipeline and workflow management tools.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Passion for learning and staying updated with the latest industry trends in machine learning and platform engineering.
What sets us apart:
- High impact roles at a fast-moving company that’s aggressively growing our user base.
- We are a collaborative team and genuinely enjoy working with each other.
- We believe in empowering our people to be successful. The
- We’re building a product that reimagines the way money moves to empower human potential
At EarnIn, we believe that the best way to build a financial system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in background and experience, but also in perspective. We celebrate our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. EarnIn does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. EarnIn is an E-Verify participant.
EarnIn does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.