Staff Developer Experience Engineer
Staff Developer Experience Engineer
As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to $10 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
EarnIn is looking for a talented Staff Developer Experience Engineer who will be responsible for designing and developing the tools, processes, and systems that enable developers to build and deploy applications efficiently. As the Lead Developer Experience Engineer, you will lead a team of developers and work closely with cross-functional teams, including Product Engineering, Security, Product Management and Quality Assurance to ensure that the developer experience is consistent, efficient, and effective.
The successful candidate will work on improving our service frameworks and tooling integrations to increase developer efficiency, confidence, and service reliability. Our mission is to create the best in class developer experience platform. As a lead member of the team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining developer infrastructure and tooling that enables Engineering Organization to quickly and reliably deliver products.
This is a remote position based in Mexico.
What You'll Do:
- Architect, design and implement a scalable and efficient development environment for our rapidly growing engineering organization.
- You will improve and automate our self-service infrastructure tools to enable engineers to rapidly build and ship code and infrastructure.
- Define and implement best practices for developer experience, including documentation, code samples, and tutorials.
- Drive technical investments across partner teams with a "Platform Thinking" mindset
- Evaluate developer platform designs, technical decisions, and code to ensure all are high quality, efficient, and well documented.
- Create and maintain tools and processes that enable developers to build, test, and deploy applications quickly and reliably.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize developer needs, pain points, and opportunities for improvement.
- Lead a team of developers to deliver high-quality software solutions that meet business requirements and exceed customer expectations.
- Assist in planning, execution and updating of technical roadmaps.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including developers, Product Management, and Product Engineering, to ensure alignment on priorities and goals.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's, Master’s or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related technical discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- 7+ years of experience in software development, with at least 3 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Direct experience in a cloud environment like AWS. Deep hands-on experience operating Kubernetes clusters to orchestrate, with service discovery, continuous delivery, security and scale for microservices.
- Experience in influencing larger organizations on technical direction/best practices.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software delivery platform that improves developer’s lives.
- High empathy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to find compromise working across the entire engineering org.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor developers and drive high-performance teams.
At EarnIn, we believe that the best way to build a financial system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in background and experience, but also in perspective. We celebrate our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. EarnIn does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. EarnIn is an E-Verify participant.
EarnIn does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.