Senior Staff Machine Learning Engineer
As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, Ribbit Capital, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
As a Fintech company where Machine Learning (ML) is one of the key features, our operations highly rely on machine learning models, from business decisions to customer experiences. Therefore, ensuring our machine learning systems’ health and scalability is critical.
To guarantee the success of machine learning systems, work around transforming ML models to high-performance production level code needs to be done, including not only implementing sophisticated machine learning algorithms but also robustness monitoring, system logging/alarming, and devOps.
This is a remote position. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $188,000 - $330,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Design, build, and launch efficient and reliable machine learning (ML) services
- Build and maintain interfaces for high-throughput ML inferencing
- Build and own an automated rolling-out mechanism for ML models
- Drive the design & implementation of new features - break down complex problems into their bare essentials, translate this complexity into elegant design and create high quality, maintainable code.
- Collaborate and mentor other senior engineers while providing thoughtful guidance using code, design and architecture reviews.
- Contribute to defining technical direction, planning the roadmap, escalating issues, and synthesizing feedback to ensure team success.
- Estimate and manage team project timelines and risks
- Care passionately about producing high quality designs and code
- Participate in hiring and onboarding for new team members.
- Lead cross-team engineering initiatives.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years of development experience in Machine Learning Engineering or Software Engineering
- Bachelor's, Master’s or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related technical discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong programming skill in Python and data engineering skills
- Extensive knowledge of machine learning algorithms
- Hands on experience on architectural pattern for large, high scale software applications
- Industry experience building and productionizing machine learning systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience is NLP or CV is a plus
At EarnIn, we believe that the best way to build a financial system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in background and experience, but also in perspective. We celebrate our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. EarnIn does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. EarnIn is an E-Verify participant.
EarnIn does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.