Business Development Director- Growth
As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to over $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, Ribbit Capital, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
EarnIn is seeking a Brand Partnerships Director to join our Marketing team. This individual will help drive EarnIn’s mission by identifying strategic marketing partnership opportunities and nurture the highest potential opportunities through ideation, business case, sourcing, negotiation, launch and commercialization. This role is responsible for EarIn’s direct to consumer growth.
This is a high-visibility, high impact role and the first of its kind at EarnIn. It presents a unique opportunity for a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to think strategically, convey compelling value propositions and execute. This individual will work closely with senior leaders at EarnIn and will report directly to the VP of Business Development.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $160,000 - $240,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
This is a remote position.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead development of new strategic marketing partnerships
- Lead the development of marketing partnership models and process
- Lead potential partner due diligence to determine value and readiness
- Lead partner and vendor negotiations
- Responsible for driving improvements and innovative change in the development of new partnerships.
- Develop and maintain a forward-looking view of performance and establish a process for understanding and communicating future risks and opportunities
- Provide strategic input for the partnership landscape
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure a unified strategy, identifying opportunities to strengthen partnerships and areas of upsell
What We’re Looking For:
- 8+years of experience in business/marketing partnership-related field
- Partnerships experience to source, do diligence, and help close complex deals to accelerate, de-risk, and expand commercialization
- Experience in partnering and co-branding with large brands (eg. sports, music, food & beverage)
- Bias for initiative and ownership, thriving while handling a high volume of engagement
- Highly strategic: experience decomposing real-world business problems and formulating strategies by analyzing data, thinking from first principles, and iterating quickly to deliver results
- Excellent use of use of insights and data-driven decision making
- Highly collaborative: capable of working cross-functionally to gather and synthesize key strategic information
- Highly scrappy: capable of working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, ever-changing technology company
- Capacity to handle ambiguity and adapt to changing business needs with a bias for action
- Great strategic planning, organizational and creative thinking skills
- Excellent project management, problem-solving, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Mission-oriented, resourceful, team-oriented, and low-ego with a positive attitude
- Ability to meld business, marketing strategy, fintech product & legal concepts and partner with associated teams to bring your vision to life
- Passionate about partnerships and sponsorships in service of powering impact with interest, specifically for driving commercial and economic value and growth.
- Experience identifying strong customer champions and change makers that can drive a deal forward
- Experience with a tech company/fintech company is highly preferred.
At EarnIn, we believe that the best way to build a financial system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in background and experience, but also in perspective. We celebrate our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. EarnIn does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. EarnIn is an E-Verify participant.
EarnIn does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.
Something looks off?