Senior Software Engineer, Money Movement
As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, Ribbit Capital, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
Risk and Fraud systems are a fundamental component to EarnIn’s success. We manage systems that provide real-time feedback to prevent fraud, and facilitate the ability to investigate the mountains of information we have to gain insights into business operations.
We are looking for experienced, collaborative and resourceful senior level engineers to join our backend teams, working remotely. As a senior engineer you will work cross-functionally with various teams and contribute to the design and development of our backend services.
This is a remote position. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $140,000 - $252,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
What sets us apart:
- High impact roles at a fast-moving company that’s aggressively growing our user base.
- We are a collaborative team and genuinely enjoy working with each other.
- We believe in empowering our people to be successful.
- We’re building a product that reimagines the way money moves to empower human potential.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the design & implementation of new features - break down complex problems into their bare essentials, translate this complexity into elegant design and create high quality, maintainable code.
- Make a meaningful impact in the lives of our community members.
- Create and maintain test automation to enable continuous integration and development velocity.
- Design & deliver robust microservice integrations via REST/gRPC APIs and via messaging patterns (events/queues)
- Collaborate and mentor other engineers while providing thoughtful guidance using code, design and architecture reviews.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams including: data science, design, product, marketing, and analytics.
- Debug production issues across our services infrastructure and multiple levels of our stack.
- Work with distributed systems & services and care passionately about producing high quality code.
What We're Looking For:
- + years of software development, delivering value through software in a collaborative environment.
- Experience working in microservice architectures is required.
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language, and the ability to understand more than one - we currently work across Kotlin, C#, and Python.
- Hands-on experience working with SQL databases - NoSQL is a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery tools.
- Experienced in developing and executing functional and integration tests.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and you have a bias towards action and results.
Something looks off?