Senior Compensation Analyst
As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, Ribbit Capital, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
Attracting and retaining fantastic people is the most important thing we do at EarnIn. Too often compensation is treated as a black box where a mass of data hidden in spreadsheets is used to spit out a number. At EarnIn, we care deeply about building a competitive rewards strategy, and creating a positive employee experience with compensation. How you communicate to and train employees and managers will be just as important as the data you provide. We are experiencing rapid growth, so you should be comfortable and thrive in a very dynamic environment. We are building and iterating many programs and processes and need a team member with a solid foundation of success in an ever-changing landscape!
This is a remote position. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $136,000 - $204,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and further implement EarnIn’s total compensation program, policies, and procedures
- Perform analysis and market studies on current programs, using insights to develop solutions that ensure internal fairness, external competitiveness, and alignment with EarnIn’s goals
- Partner with Recruiting on new hire compensation best practices and offer development
- Design a positive compensation experience for our employees that allows them to clearly understand their compensation across the entire employee lifecycle
- Build retention strategies along with playbooks on how to communicate our approach to compensation
- Collaborate with functional leaders, People team, and EarnIn employees staff on benchmarking and pay decisions and policies, including offers, promotions, and internal transfers
- Support compensation projects from design through execution, including modeling, project planning, communicating and training
- Dig deep into market data to inform and new programs and processes that will help support our high growth businesses
- Analyze trends in compensation and build intelligence through reporting
- Perform analysis on ad hoc requests and projects
- Maintain the relationship with survey providers and make sure we are keeping up with our data submissions
- Ensure compliance with employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding employee pay, and remain up-to-date on current compensation-related legislation
- Partner effectively with our finance team on payroll, stock administration, and forecasting efforts
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of analyst experience within Compensation, HR, People Operations, or a related department, focused on people programs and compensation strategy
- Experience high tech experience required; bonus points if with a scaling start-up!
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-performance environment where the business is constantly evolving
- Strong excel, data collection, and data visualization skills
- Experience building dashboards and automating reports
- Experience developing and rolling out scalable processes and playbooks
- Excellent attention to detail, highest degree of confidentiality and discretion, time management, presentation, and organizational skills
- Impeccable communication skills; able to explain complex ideas in a simple, clear manner, deftly answer challenging compensation questions, and connect with a variety of audiences
- Strong problem-solving, planning, and execution skills, including a desire to roll up sleeves to prioritize work, execute plans and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of federal, state and local compensation and benefits laws, or foundational knowledge with the desire to learn and develop expertise
Something looks off?