Sr. Manager, Software Engineering - SaaS (Remote - US)
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Who We Are
At Firstup, our mission is to improve the employee experience at every moment that matters, large and small. As the communication pipeline for the world's workforce, we now serve 40 of the Fortune 100 companies, reaching and connecting more than 17 million employees daily.
Our employees are experts in the employee experience, workforce communications and technology.
Joining Firstup means joining a movement to make work better for every worker. As the world’s first intelligent communication platform, Firstup meaningfully engages employees at every moment from hire to retire, and delivers engagement insights to help companies support, promote and retain their talent. Our movement has taken root and is evident in our world-class customer base. Now we need your help. Ready to make a difference in the world?
Every employee is an owner with responsibility and credit for our progress.
Leadership is in our build and we see change as a catalyst for improvement.
We win as a team, committed to help our coworkers and customers thrive.
We are seeking an accomplished Senior Engineering Manager with a distinguished track record of delivering projects on time, fostering collaboration, building high-performing teams, and demonstrating expertise in microservices architecture. In addition to these core competencies, the ideal candidate should have experience in implementing Agile best practices within a distributed workforce. As a Senior Engineering Manager, you will play a key role in steering our engineering teams towards success, ensuring seamless collaboration in a distributed environment.
- Build and lead high-performing engineering teams, providing mentorship, guidance, and support to team members.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive team culture, emphasizing innovation and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of delivering projects on time and within scope, even in a distributed workforce setting.
- Implement effective project management strategies to mitigate risks and ensure successful project outcomes.
- Develop and implement strategies for effective collaboration within a distributed workforce, leveraging communication tools and collaboration platforms.
- Establish and maintain transparent communication channels to keep distributed teams informed and aligned with project goals.
- Facilitate effective communication and collaboration among distributed teams, fostering an agile and adaptable work culture.
- Implement and champion Agile best practices within the engineering organization, ensuring teams adhere to principles and methodologies.
- Lead the design and implementation of software solutions based on microservices architecture, ensuring scalability, modularity, and maintainability.
- Collaborate with architects and development teams to establish and uphold microservices best practices.
- Previous experience managing a team of 15+ Engineers.
- Experience working at scale in an enterprise environment, ideally developing SaaS applications/platforms.
- Expertise in agile processes and driving a high-level of execution in teams.
- Proven success with accountability and leading a team through complex challenges that are large in scope.
- Successful track record of identifying roadblocks and keeping teams on track to their roadmap.
- Pride in predictability and maintaining a high quality product while meeting deadlines.
- Strong knowledge in OOD, Domain-driven design, and microservices architecture.
- Excellent communication skills and understanding of the realities of developing in an enterprise environment.
- Firstup expects the base salary for this role to be between $180,000-$250,000. The starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience.
Because you care - about people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life; it only makes sense to make it awesome.
If you want to engage brilliant minds in a high-growth and inclusive environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join us. This is a rapidly changing space so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind, you could be a perfect fit.
We offer an excellent PTO program, great health benefits, a casual and friendly environment, remote work, and a leadership team who truly believes in your growth – both personally and professionally.
Firstup is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and to all employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, protected disability, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state or local laws.