Director, Solution Consulting
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Who We Are
At Firstup, our mission is to improve the employee experience at every moment that matters, large and small. As the communication pipeline for the world's workforce, we now serve 40 of the Fortune 100 companies, reaching and connecting more than 17 million employees daily.
Our employees are experts in the employee experience, workforce communications and technology.
Joining Firstup means joining a movement to make work better for every worker. As the world’s first intelligent communication platform, Firstup meaningfully engages employees at every moment from hire to retire, and delivers engagement insights to help companies support, promote and retain their talent. Our movement has taken root and is evident in our world-class customer base. Now we need your help. Ready to make a difference in the world?
Every employee is an owner with responsibility and credit for our progress.
Leadership is in our build and we see change as a catalyst for improvement.
We win as a team, committed to help our coworkers and customers thrive.
The Director, Solutions Consulting will partner with leadership from the sales, professional services, and customer success organizations and manage a high-impact team. This role will report to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Consult and advise leaders on how Firstup's platform, services, and ecosystem can help their sales team members reach their fullest potential and their customers grow.
- Attract, hire, manage, coach, and develop employees to ensure teams are high-performing.
- Drive changes to ensure the team is structured effectively to provide proactive and reactive support to customers.
- Create a team environment that sustains a highly motivated group working to achieve common objectives together.
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts, and customer care.
- Ensure successful delivery of POCs and guided technical validation efforts.
- Participate in responding to RFPs, developing high quality proposals, and authoring comprehensive business cases to support investments in Firstup.
- Support Solutions Consultants and sales people on all sales activities including needs analysis, data review, product demonstrations, and other general sales support as a player/coach.
- Close business with accounts of all sizes, and develop relationships with key customers.
- Communicate effectively with sales, management, customers, and support staff.
- Travel to customer locations in the territory to support sales efforts.
- Be a partner to the sales leadership team to help define territory strategy, sales execution, and team execution.
- Work cross-functionally to drive visibility and collaboration for process improvement.
- 5+ years of leading a high-performing PreSales Solution Consulting team (remote/field resources), including both transactional sales and strategic selling.
- 7+ years as a PreSales Solution Consultant with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Demonstrated experience selling a technology that compliments and integrates with CRM, HCM, or ERP.
- Experience in team selling with multiple overlapping roles that collaborate and communicate constantly to push the deal forward.
- Experience managing a combination of high-volume transactional business, enterprise selling, and solution selling.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in career coaching, performance management, change management ,and navigating difficult conversations with grace and compassion.
Benefits & Perks
- We offer Firstup team members a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, designed to fit you and your family’s needs.
- Mental Health benefits with covered therapy and coaching.
- 401(k) program to help you invest in your future.
- Education & learning stipend to build your skills for the future of work.
- Flexible PTO to promote a healthy work-life blend.
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family.
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment.
- Stock options support the core value that every employee is an owner.
- Excellent opportunity for career advancement in a fast-paced environment.
- Working with fun, hardworking, inspiring people who are committed to making a difference and much more!
Firstup expects the base salary for this role to be between $80,000-$175,000. The starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience.
Because you care - about people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life; it only makes sense to make it awesome.
If you want to engage brilliant minds in a high-growth and inclusive environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join us. This is a rapidly changing space so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind, you could be a perfect fit.
We offer an excellent PTO program, great health benefits, a casual and friendly environment, remote work, and a leadership team who truly believes in your growth – both personally and professionally.
Firstup is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and to all employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, protected disability, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state or local laws.