QA Engineer - Remote UK
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2023
Who We Are
At Firstup, our mission is to improve the employee experience at every moment that matters, large and small. As the communication pipeline for the world's workforce, we now serve 40 of the Fortune 100 companies, reaching and connecting more than 17 million employees daily.
Our employees are experts in the employee experience, workforce communications and technology.
Joining Firstup means joining a movement to make work better for every worker. As the world’s first intelligent communication platform, Firstup meaningfully engages employees at every moment from hire to retire, and delivers engagement insights to help companies support, promote and retain their talent. Our movement has taken root and is evident in our world-class customer base. Now we need your help. Ready to make a difference in the world?
Every employee is an owner with responsibility and credit for our progress.
Leadership is in our build and we see change as a catalyst for improvement.
We win as a team, committed to help our coworkers and customers thrive.
We are looking for a skilled QA Engineer to join our team. The QA Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our software products through various testing methods, including manual testing and automated testing. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills, and experience with software testing methodologies and tools.
As a Product Engineering team, we pride ourselves in the delivering quality software that people love to use and embrace large scale business and technical challenges. Operating as a global team, we are organized into self-sufficient agile feature teams to allow maximum autonomy and speed. We build in a modern, evolving stack (C#, .Net Core, Ruby, React, PostgreSQL), leveraging new technologies as needed. We operate with shared trust and no egos and enjoy being 'in this together' to collaborate on the challenges of a rapidly scaling business.
This is a remote role with multiple openings throughout the UK.
- Define the test strategy for key areas of the product and lead the execution to achieve a high-quality market leading product.
- Analyse requirements and review technical design
- Design, develop and implement test plans and test cases to achieve a high-quality market leading product
- Create and maintain robust test automation frameworks for all layers of the platform including Web, Mobile and API
- Contribute to the creation of user stories and acceptance criteria to ensure the products meet customer requirements
- Participate in code reviews to identify potential issues early in development cycle
- Continuously improve the QA process by identifying areas for improvement and suggesting solutions
- Computer Science/Information Systems background with 3+ years in QA, Sr/Lead experience is a plus
- Experience with SaaS applications, web service APIs and mobile applications
- Hands-on relational database experience with (e.g., PostgreSQL, MSSQL or MySQL)
- Experience of iterative testing in a fast-paced agile environment
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Ruby, C#, Java is very helpful
- Experience with Selenium, Appium or other automated tools would be a plus
Because you care - about people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life; it only makes sense to make it awesome.
If you want to engage brilliant minds in a high-growth and inclusive environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join us. This is a rapidly changing space so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind, you could be a perfect fit.
We offer an excellent PTO program, great health benefits, a casual and friendly environment, remote work, and a leadership team who truly believes in your growth – both personally and professionally.
Firstup is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and to all employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, protected disability, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state or local laws.