Scrum Master - Remote Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland, UK · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Who We Are
At Firstup, our mission is to improve the employee experience at every moment that matters, large and small. As the communication pipeline for the world's workforce, we now serve 40 of the Fortune 100 companies, reaching and connecting more than 17 million employees daily.
Our employees are experts in the employee experience, workforce communications and technology.
Joining Firstup means joining a movement to make work better for every worker. As the world’s first intelligent communication platform, Firstup meaningfully engages employees at every moment from hire to retire, and delivers engagement insights to help companies support, promote and retain their talent. Our movement has taken root and is evident in our world-class customer base. Now we need your help. Ready to make a difference in the world?
Every employee is an owner with responsibility and credit for our progress.
Leadership is in our build and we see change as a catalyst for improvement.
We win as a team, committed to help our coworkers and customers thrive.
Firstup is growing! We are increasing our Engineering teams in the UK by 50% and want to invite you to come join us for our Talent Kickoff Celebration on Wednesday, June 7th 2023 at our city centre Belfast office*, from 4:30pm - 6:30pm BST.
You will have the opportunity to meet our CTO and Engineering teams while enjoying food, drinks and raffle prizes! Come see what it is like to be a part of the Firstup family and we look forward to meeting you!
*Address: River House, 48-60 High St, Belfast BT1 2BE
*Firstup is 100% remote or hybrid, with a state-of-the-art office in the city centre of Belfast. You can work in Northern Ireland or anywhere you'd like within the United Kingdom.
We are looking for a talented Scrum Master to join our team! This individual will ensure that development teams follow scrum framework values and agile practices. An ideal candidate will have a successful experience in a fast paced SaaS environment mentoring and motivating teams to improve processes and eliminating team impediments.
- Provide ongoing mentoring in various areas of Agile and Scrum and serve as Agile proponent throughout organisation.
- Strongly serve and support the Product Owner and Development Team.
- Guiding and coaching the Scrum Team and Development team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Maximise delivery flow and efficiencies by removing impediments that the scrum team faces.
- Facilitate scrum meetings, setup sprints, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Oversee scrum of scrums and multiple scrum teams.
- Manage internal readiness for product/service launches making sure teams are ready to support new capabilities, products, and services.
- Work with cross functional teams involved in product release in a matrixed and distributed environment.
- Work closely with the product, development, and QA teams on releases to ensure they are on time and stable.
- Support communication of delivery progress, gaps and obstacles with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Create weekly reports on project status and team performance to stakeholders/executive team. Track sprint metrics (e.g. velocity, capacity, sprint goals, etc).
- Track project deliverables using Project Management tool (Jira).
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Coordinate with Infrastructure teams on environment set up, code deployments and production releases.
- 5+ years’ experience as Scrum Master / Agile Project Manager.
- Must be someone who has gone through Agile transformation playing a role in introducing Agile and stabilising the processes. It is not necessary for the candidate to have led the transformation but has participated in it and knows what it takes to do a complete overhaul of the teams, implement new processes and be able to drive it.
- Experience managing projects following Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.
- Must have experience managing technology projects in an enterprise SaaS and cloud-based environments.
- Must have experience building and driving software development processes.
- Familiar with Agile manifesto, values, principles, processes and methods such as iterative and incremental development, continuous integration, test-driven development (TDD), unit testing, code refactoring, pair programming, and Scrum ceremonies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills.
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, GitHub, Confluence, etc.
- Solid understanding of Epics, Features, Stories, and Acceptance Criteria.
- Strong interpersonal skills in partnering with teams spanning development, Infrastructure, marketing, product, sales, and support.
- Experience in sizing projects and adjusting due to constraints.
Because you care - about people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life; it only makes sense to make it awesome.
If you want to engage brilliant minds in a high-growth and inclusive environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join us. This is a rapidly changing space so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind, you could be a perfect fit.
We offer an excellent PTO program, great health benefits, a casual and friendly environment, remote work, and a leadership team who truly believes in your growth – both personally and professionally.
Firstup is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and to all employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, protected disability, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state or local laws.
See more open positions at Dynamic Signal
Something looks off?