Senior Software Engineer - Remote UK
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Thursday, March 9, 2023
Who We Are
At Firstup, our mission is to improve the employee experience at every moment that matters, large and small. As the communication pipeline for the world's workforce, we now serve 40 of the Fortune 100 companies, reaching and connecting more than 17 million employees daily.
Our employees are experts in the employee experience, workforce communications and technology.
Joining Firstup means joining a movement to make work better for every worker. As the world’s first intelligent communication platform, Firstup meaningfully engages employees at every moment from hire to retire, and delivers engagement insights to help companies support, promote and retain their talent. Our movement has taken root and is evident in our world-class customer base. Now we need your help. Ready to make a difference in the world?
Every employee is an owner with responsibility and credit for our progress.
Leadership is in our build and we see change as a catalyst for improvement.
We win as a team, committed to help our coworkers and customers thrive.
Firstup is growing! We are increasing our Engineering teams in the UK by 50% and want to invite you to come join us for our Talent Kickoff Celebration on Wednesday, June 7th 2023 at our city centre Belfast office*, from 4:30p - 6:30p BST.
You will have the opportunity to meet our CTO and Engineering teams while enjoying food, drinks and raffle prizes! Come see what it is like to be a part of the Firstup family and we look forward to meeting you!
*Address: River House, 48-60 High St, Belfast BT1 2BE, UK
*Firstup is 100% remote or hybrid, with a state-of-the-art office in the city centre of Belfast. You can work anywhere you'd like within the United Kingdom.
We're looking for talented Senior Software Engineers to join our team! You will have opportunities to work closely with customers to solve real technology challenges. We are rapidly expanding, and you will be responsible for delivering new solutions and services while constantly improving our approach to architecture, scale, availability and fault-tolerance. Engineering is a craft, and at Firstup we believe the internals of our technology should be as elegant as user experience. If there is a specific challenge you are looking for, we most likely have it for you.
Teams are empowered and supported to do their best work every day. We work in cross-functional autonomous product teams, so you'll interact with Product Managers, Designers, QA, and other engineers daily. You will partner with others across the company in shared codebases and contribute directly to other services when needed. We iterate quickly to see what works and what doesn’t and follow the data to drive our strategy. We encourage you to take chances and fail because that is how we learn and grow. We are a distributed team and have been since day 1. We build solutions for distributed workforces, so we model our workforce the same way. In this role you really can work where you want within the Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK!
- Apply broad, in-depth knowledge to develop and maintain large-scale multi-tenant services in the cloud.
- Identify, analyse, and resolve system availability, reliability, and performance issues.
- Serve as a technical expert across teams on industry standards and best practices to help others solve complex problems.
- Write high-quality code (i.e., reliable, readable, efficient, testable), provide quality code reviews, and create comprehensive tests and quality documentation.
- Design, develop, and lead the resolution of complex problems across teams.
- Design future ready solutions and address architectural gaps.
- Identify opportunities and advocate for better performance and efficiency of software, systems, processes across teams.
- Encourage and promote ideas/opinions of others from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- 5+ years of experience building reliable, performant applications and microservices
- Proven experience developing on the front-end, back-end, and even the database.
- Technical depth and mastery in at least one software engineering topic (networking, security, serverless, event streams, etc.)
- Excitement and drive to build beautiful, intuitive products.
- Innate curiosity, and a desire to learn and teach.
- Empathy for your customers and colleagues.
- Eagerness to share your own ideas and openness to those of others.
You Might Have
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Helm.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with ML, AI.
- Experience working for an enterprise SaaS organisation.
- Open-source contributions and history of side-projects.
Because you care. About people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life; it only makes sense to make it awesome.
If you want to engage brilliant minds in a true start-up environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join us. This is a rapidly changing space so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind it could be a perfect fit.
Come for the challenges, come for the people, health benefits, pension, casual and friendly environment, and a leadership team who truly believes in your growth both professionally and personally will keep you here.
Because you care - about people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life; it only makes sense to make it awesome.
If you want to engage brilliant minds in a high-growth and inclusive environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join us. This is a rapidly changing space so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind, you could be a perfect fit.
We offer an excellent PTO program, great health benefits, a casual and friendly environment, remote work, and a leadership team who truly believes in your growth – both personally and professionally.
Firstup is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and to all employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, protected disability, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state or local laws.
See more open positions at Dynamic Signal
Something looks off?