Sales Operations Manager
About the opportunity
The Sales Operations Manager will play a critical role in supporting the field organization by helping to improve all revenue impacting teams infrastructure. This includes supporting the tools, systems, structure, and analytics in order to help the field team scale. This role requires a candidate who is highly organized and analytical, with the ability to synthesize data and make sound business recommendations to the team. The candidate must be a strong leader, self-directed, well-organized, detail-oriented, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This opening is for a highly skilled Individual Contributor who will manage our sales operation processes, not a team, and will work as a business partner to a field leader.
This is a hybrid role, requiring time in the Denver office.
What to expect
- Assist in the development, improvement, and implementation of processes for a smooth end-to-end sales process/lifecycle
- Help to drive discipline and accuracy around forecasting
- Help to develop and implement effective cross-functional processes
Reporting & Analytics
- Support analytics, reporting, and forecasting on a quarterly, monthly, and ad-hoc basis
- Assist with creation of reports & dashboards within Salesforce.com
- Create and analyze key insights from forecasts, key business drivers, trends, and operating metrics. Translate data into insights and action
- Collaborate on strategic Salesforce.com reporting processes
- Design, develop, and implement territories for the field teams
- Assist with day-to-day activities supported by the revenue operations team including addressing helpdesk cases from field team members
- Be a thought leader and go-to expert on resources and tools
- Keep Revenue Operations & field team documentation up-to-date and relevant in company Wiki
- Work directly as a business partner to key field team leaders on critical strategic, organizational, and operational projects designed to increase revenue, productivity, and operational efficiency
- Work with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Finance, and Business Operations
Training and Onboarding
- Assist in creating sales training materials and onboarding including processes, tools, methodologies, and best practices
What you need to be successful?
- 1-3+ years in Sales Operations Management or equivalent (Revenue Operations, Marketing Operations, Data Operations, Business Operations, etc).
- Admin level proficiency in Salesforce.com (certification a plus, but not a requirement)
- Deep sales process and methodology experience and expertise
- Strong analytical and process definition skills
- Solid working experience with Excel
- Experience implementing, training, and maintaining Salesforce & other sales software
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave to care for and focus on your growing family
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- New hire office equipment stipend. Get the gear you need to work at your best.
This role will need to be conducted in a state in which we are currently registered to do business.
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $98,000 - $106,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the intelligent composable content platform that unlocks all of an organization’s digital content to deliver impactful customer experiences, making content a strategic business asset. The Contentful Platform, Contentful Studio, and the Contentful Ecosystem combine the flexibility of composable content with the intelligence of AI, empowering digital teams to drive business momentum through collaboration, speed, and scale. Contentful powers innovative content experiences across brands, regions, and channels for organizations around the world, including nearly 30% of the Fortune 500. Nearly 800 people from more than 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.