Enterprise Account Executive
About the opportunity
Building on the growth already achieved by our US based sales team, we’re looking to grow our Account Executive team throughout North America.
As an Account Executive, you’ll drive Contentful’s growth by leading the end-to-end sales process from prospecting to close. You’ll be instrumental in driving new revenue opportunities, customer enablement initiatives and leading a consultative sales process by speaking the language of both professional developers and business leaders. Working in partnership with our Customer Success team, you’ll nurture and grow a customer base within North America.
As an Account Executive in this critical market, you will be the point of contact for both customers and prospects. Your role is to identify and develop new sales opportunities and grow existing accounts while ensuring customers meet their business objectives with Contentful.
What to expect?
- Position, negotiate, and close new logo and expansion business ($50-500K ACV) in the North American territory
- Meet quarterly and annual sales goals by developing an account strategy and pipeline, managing internal and client processes, maintaining sales reports, developing market and competitor knowledge, delivering presentations to customers, and creating sales proposals
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities with existing customers and prospective customers. As part of our Product Lead Growth (PLG) motion it is critical for you to be successful conducting research, identifying key players, qualifying leads to drive new business relationships, then growing value-add relationships with key decision makers by becoming a trusted advisor
- Manage RFI/RFQ requests with Contentful internal and customer teams
- Refine and evolve our "land-and-expand" model in collaboration with Sales, Partnerships, and Customer Success teams
- Seek to understand the digital experience challenges of prospects and current customers while aligning the ROI of Contentful with those challenges to ensure a value based selling approach
- Work closely with Sales Engineers and Solution Architects to uncover technical challenges and opportunities, as well as the greater sales ecosystem (including, but not limited to Sales Development Representatives, Account Managers, and Customer Success) to drive new business and retain customers
- Develop innovative proposals, position complex pricing structures and negotiate contracts and deal-closing requirements quickly and efficiently
- Work closely with Customer Success & Marketing teams to ensure that best practices of Contentful are shared and implemented with the respective customers
- Your compensation plan includes Monthly and Annual accelerators for over achievement against your bookings goals.
What you need to be successful?
- 4-8+ years of experience selling a technical platform
- 5+ years of individual quota carrying experience with a history of exceeding quota
- Working knowledge of selling and positioning to customers a technical SaaS and/or PaaS platform
- 2+ years of growing and expanding existing customer accounts in a SaaS and/or PaaS environment
- Demonstrated ability to sell transactions of $150k+ to organizations with $1b+ in revenue, experience engaging VP and C Level executives
- Experience working with a Partner ecosystem to land and expand customers.
- Experience closing $$ASP
- Ideal Candidates have:
- Understanding of sales led growth sales motion
- Previous CMS (content management system) experience
Ideal Candidates have:
- Understanding of product-led growth sales motions
- Previous CMS (content management system) experience
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
The salary range is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the United States if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on a specific location, internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees, and certifications (e.g., JD/technology).
US Salary Range: $270,000 - $285,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful's equity plans.]
We have exciting benefits that are available to our employees ensuring you have essential work/life balance that include: Health, life insurance, retirement saving plan, generous time off, parental benefits, and more. To learn more about what benefits are available, please visit https://ctfl.io/us-benefits.
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.