Account Manager- German Speaking (f/m/d)
About the Opportunity
As an Account Manager at Contentful, you will be instrumental in driving customer retention by managing the renewal process with Contentful’s Enterprise customer base. You will be proactively aligning with Accounts Executives and Customer Success on account plans and engaging with customers about their upcoming contract renewal. By streamlining the renewal process, you help to ensure positive customer experiences and increased net revenue retention (NRR).
What to expect?
- Align with the Account Executive and create an action plan for a successful renewal.
- Prepare and present data and trends to customers on current usage of the Contentful platform.
- Gain insight into customer goals and strategically package the solutions and pricing that meets those goals.
- Drive customer conversations to uncover things like procurement timelines, budgets and signatory processes for contracts.
- Uncover expansion and upsell opportunities through the renewal process.
- Develop innovative proposals and negotiate contracts.
- Manage contract generation through signature.
What you need to be successful
- College / University Degree educated
- 2+ years of work experience preferred; previous SDR/BDR experience, Renewals Management or Account Management is highly advantageous
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and German
- Highly adaptable
- Well developed attention to detail and organization skills
- Can track and prioritize work based on deadlines
- Ability to build rapport with customers, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Ability to present data to customers and drive conversations to uncover things like procurement timelines, budgets and signatory processes.
- Ability to think strategically about a customer’s goals and present solutions to those goals for the next contract term
- Willingness to travel (up to 10%)
- Ability to follow the set processes, update the relevant systems diligently, and make suggestions on improvements where required
- Ability to work with standard software such as Salesforce, etc.
- Technical understanding and keen interest for technology
- Customer-first mindset, where you and company wins by helping our customers to be successful.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company.
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties.
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years.
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.
Something looks off?