At CommerceIQ, we help consumer brands accelerate their retail ecommerce market share growth and profitability through machine learning algorithms. We are building the world’s most complete and sophisticated Retail Ecommerce Management Platform, which connects and intelligently automates the management of retail ecommerce channels like Amazon, Walmart, and Instacart, across the entire ecommerce operational chain of retail media management, sales operations, supply chain, and digital self analytics.
We are in hyper growth mode, having recently raised our Series D funding at unicorn valuation (>$1B) and ended our third year of triple-digit revenue growth. Continued acceleration of our growth is fueled by landing new customers, expanding our platform through new products, managing new retail ecommerce platforms, and delivering exceptional customer service to unlock high net retention rates.
We have access to quality data sources for major e-commerce channels. Imagine the questions you could answer and the impact you could drive if you had access to sales, advertising, promotions and inventory data for many of the top consumer brands selling on Ecommerce platforms like Amazon, Walmart, Instacart, Kroger etc. If this possibility excites you, then keep reading because at CommerceIQ we not only spend our days wading through massive quantities of ecommerce data, our analysts use it to drive millions of dollars of incremental sales for our customers.
We are looking for a Business Analyst with a highly entrepreneurial mindset that can analyze and identify deeper patterns in data and weave a story from the data at hand. The role is centered around understanding and delivering analytical solutions using CommerceIQ data.
You will be expected to perform the following role at CommerceIQ,
Business problem solving:
- You will understand the interplay between various data sources, CommerceIQ platform and customer needs.
- You will be expected to build customer context in depth and use it to deliver analytical solutions. You will be expected to put the business lens and present a point of view within a team of engagement managers, analysts and data services team that ensures the final solution fits the business needs and is in a position to generate tangible impact to the customer.
- You will be expected to drive and present insightful approaches to better ecommerce decisions independently. You will be expected to build hypothesis, understand the data needed to conduct the analysis, perform the analysis, synthesize the results and present in an executive friendly format
- You will be expected to partner with Engagement Managers to align on requirements and develop both recurring and ad hoc reports to meet client needs.
- You will create customer facing solutions in the form of BI dashboards, presentation documents and excel templates.
- You will be expected to be hands-on with Excel, SQL and a programming language like Python / R so that you can process the data and build the analytical solution yourself.
- You will be expected to develop and deploy complex dashboards in Tableau (or other BI tools) to meet customers customized needs.
- You will jointly own the success of CommerceIQ customers with the engagement managers by playing the point person for the quality and timely delivery of the analytical solution.
- You will need to showcase high ownership and leadership skills to independently work with people from different departments, manage work dependencies from different contributors to successfully deliver the project.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required
- Extensive experience with data manipulation using Excel and SQL, moderate experience with analytical tools R/ Python, and moderate expertise in data visualization through Tableau
- 1.5 - 3 years of prior experience both performing and structuring advanced analyses independently
- Successful stint at a prior fast paced work environment (start-ups, consulting etc.)
- Desire to get into the most granular details of technical/ implementation/ operational issues and being an individual contributor.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Understanding of hypothesis testing and ability to use data and statistical tests to make an argument. Knowledge of decision trees and ANOVA technique is required.
- Experience in developing and maintaining measurement metrics and standardized outcome metrics based on business requirements
Preferred Qualifications: (in addition to required)
- Master’s degree in Analytics, Data sciences, or any quantitative discipline,
- Experience with ecommerce analytics is a huge plus
- High proficiency in building Tableau dashboards and executive friendly deliverables for business needs and to aid decision making
- Proficient in application of Statistical Methods
- Prior start up experience is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Ecommerce in any of the areas - supply chain advertising, marketing, merchandising, and store operations is preferred