Accountant, General Ledger
At CommerceIQ, we help consumer brands accelerate their retail ecommerce market share growth and profitability through machine learning algorithms. We are building the world’s most complete and sophisticated Retail Ecommerce Management Platform, which connects and intelligently automates the management of retail ecommerce channels like Amazon, Walmart, and Instacart, across the entire ecommerce operational chain of retail media management, sales operations, supply chain, and digital self analytics.
We are in hyper growth mode, having recently raised our Series D funding at unicorn valuation (>$1B) and ended our third year of triple-digit revenue growth. Continued acceleration of our growth is fueled by landing new customers, expanding our platform through new products, managing new retail ecommerce platforms, and delivering exceptional customer service to unlock high net retention rates.
This role is remote from the western United States. Only candidates in Pacific time zone will be considered.
We are a team of technical and skilled accounting and finance professionals within the Controller organization who own General Ledger operations for CommerceIQ. We work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, collaborating within the Finance team and cross-functional partners.
Fueled by CommerceIQ’s significant growth and strategic advancement, this Accountant, General Ledger will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on accounting strategy and process and will get exposure to real-time decision making, control building, and accounting foundations.
What You'll Do:
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and produce cash reports
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for areas such as cash, payroll, accruals, prepaid expenses, fixed/intangible assets, and equity.
- Provide financial statement flux explanations as part of the month-end close process.
- Own day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, internal policies, and external audits.
- Maintain proper documentation for internal controls.
- Contribute to identifying risks and continuous improvement of the monthly and quarterly close process.
- Respond to PBC requests for external auditors
- Assist with implementation of new policies and procedures, process optimization and automation efforts.
- Contribute to CommerceIQ’s US GAAP compliance in complex accounting areas such as Capitalized Internal-Use Software (ASC 350-40), Equity (ASC 718), Leases (ASC 842), and M&A (ASC 805).
- Support executive leadership teams with special projects, research and supplemental reporting and participate in other assignments and ad hoc projects as required.
- Collaborate with global cross-functional teams on monthly close matters and other initiatives.
- Take an active interest in your career development and partner with management to continue your growth and development
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years relevant accounting experience in public accounting or at a high-growth pre-IPO SaaS company.
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong knowledge in U.S. GAAP and internal controls.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), CPA track, or equivalent (ex. Chartered Accountant) required.
- Bias towards challenging the status quo and leveraging technology to build scalable processes, gain efficiencies, streamline accounting operations and improve outcomes.
- Highly organized approach with ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and have strong rapport with the management team and colleagues.
- Strong attention to detail, exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment, and responsibility to day to day work.
- Working knowledge of start-up to mid-tier ERPs a plus - QBO, Xero, NetSuite, etc.
Benefits & Perks:
- Highly competitive pay, benefits, and early stage stock options
- Unlimited PTO and seven paid company holidays
- Work from home benefits including flex WFH hours and home office set-up reimbursement
- Monthly cell phone, internet, and gym/fitness reimbursement
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- 401K plan, FSA, and HSA programs
- Long-term and short-term disability
Help us build the future of ecommerce. Apply now or learn more at https://commerceiq.ai!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category prohibited by applicable law.