Senior Accountant, Revenue
At CommerceIQ, we help consumer brands accelerate their retail ecommerce market share growth and profitability through machine learning algorithms. We are building the world’s most complete and sophisticated Retail Ecommerce Management Platform, which connects and intelligently automates the management of retail ecommerce channels like Amazon, Walmart, and Instacart, across the entire ecommerce operational chain of retail media management, sales operations, supply chain, and digital self analytics.
We are in hyper growth mode, having recently raised our Series D funding at unicorn valuation (>$1B) and ended our third year of triple-digit revenue growth. Continued acceleration of our growth is fueled by landing new customers, expanding our platform through new products, managing new retail ecommerce platforms, and delivering exceptional customer service to unlock high net retention rates.
This role is remote from the United States with a preference for candidates in Pacific or Mountain time zones.
CommerceIQ is looking for a detail-oriented Senior Accountant, Revenue to contribute to CommerceIQ’s revenue recognition and help bring accounting operations in-house. This person will help ensure compliance with technical accounting elements like ASC606 and influence our billing processes, so process orientation and project management skills are critical. Equipped with some prior exposure to revenue accounting, this person will work directly with our Accounting Manager, Revenue to set, test, and implement a variety of new processes and efforts to drive revenue accounting accuracy and efficiency.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to CommerceIQ’s revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606, and the accuracy and completeness of billing operations; including preparing: invoicing batches, journal entries, account reconciliations, AR and collections schedules, commissions reports, disclosure schedules for financial statements, and fluctuation analysis to help management with business decisions.
- Prepare day-to-day revenue accounting activities to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, internal policies, and external audits.
- Coordinate with global accounting teams to ensure consistent application of corporate policies and ASC 606 (including invoicing, collections, deferred revenue amortization, and commissions plans and reporting).
- Review and assess billing processes and contribute to commissions plans, ensuring strict adherence to deadlines.
- Assist departmental leaders with special projects, research, and supplemental reporting.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on commissions, go-to-market data flows, and other initiatives.
- Work on process optimization and automation efforts to improve efficiency and effectiveness on a continuous basis through various techniques using technology solutions and automation.
- Take an active interest in your career development and partner with management to continue your growth and development.
- Participate in other assignments and ad hoc projects as required.
What You'll Bring:
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA track, with public accounting experience preferred.
- Bias towards challenging the status quo and leveraging technology to build scalable processes, gain efficiencies, streamline accounting operations and improve outcomes.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy.
- Shown ability to work effectively in a team environment and have strong rapport with the management team and colleagues.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical ability, and exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exposure to revenue recognition processes and standards like ASC606
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of start-up to mid-tier ERPs a plus - QBO, Xero, NetSuite, etc.
- Revenue accounting software experience preferred
Benefits & Perks:
- Highly competitive pay, benefits, and early stage stock options
- Unlimited PTO and seven paid company holidays
- Work from home benefits including flex WFH hours and home office set-up reimbursement
- Monthly cell phone, internet, and gym/fitness reimbursement
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- 401K plan, FSA, and HSA programs
- Long-term and short-term disability
Help us build the future of ecommerce. Apply now or learn more at https://commerceiq.ai!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category prohibited by applicable law.