Dev Ops Engineer SDE2 - Platform Management
At CommerceIQ, we help consumer brands accelerate their retail ecommerce market share growth and profitability through machine learning algorithms. We are building the world’s most complete and sophisticated Retail Ecommerce Management Platform, which connects and intelligently automates the management of retail ecommerce channels like Amazon, Walmart, and Instacart, across the entire ecommerce operational chain of retail media management, sales operations, supply chain, and digital self analytics.
We are in hyper growth mode, having recently raised our Series D funding at unicorn valuation (>$1B) and ended our third year of triple-digit revenue growth. Continued acceleration of our growth is fueled by landing new customers, expanding our platform through new products, managing new retail ecommerce platforms, and delivering exceptional customer service to unlock high net retention rates.
Our Platform Management engineers oversee the health, scalability and security of our cloud infrastructure. They take hands-on responsibility for maintaining and evolving the systems, services and tools shared across the engineering teams. In addition, they use their in-depth understanding of cloud development to advise, coach and assist the engineering teams as they evolve to respond to the ever-growing needs of our customers.
We’re looking for an experienced Dev Ops Engineer to join us and help us maintain a healthy, scalable platform that will meet the ever-increasing demands on our rapidly growing platform.
What You'll Do:
- Create, maintain and evolve our shared infrastructure on GCP
- Work closely with software engineers to help design and build platform solutions that meet the technical challenges of our software products
- Lead and promote IaC practices (using Terraform) across our engineering teams
- Provide technical assistance to the development teams, helping with complex or challenging issues
- Monitor and troubleshoot platform issues via meaningful dashboards and alarms
- Take responsibility for platform security, compliance and cost management
- Participate in engineering and architecture forums to help build a culture of excellence within the engineering organisation
What You'll Bring:
- Extensive experience of GCP
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes
- Experience of using and maintaining ElasticSearch
- Solid experience of building infrastructure as code (ideally with Terraform)
- Sound understanding of containerisation
- Familiarity with SDLC and agile methodologies
- Strong understanding of DevOps principles/practices
- Excellent knowledge of systems security, VPCs and networking
- Proven record of scalable and resilient platform engineering
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience of dealing with data at massive scale
- Experience managing and using (cloud) databases
Something looks off?