Senior Member of Technical Staff - Core Infrastructure
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Let's disrupt the modern world of data management together.
We are looking for exceptional Engineers/Leads who bring the experience of building LARGE distributed systems and solving complex problems.
Cohesity Data Platform is a limitless scale out system. It is the industry’s only hyperconverged platform designed to consolidate ALL secondary storage and data services built on web-scale distributed architecture. Cohesity SpanFS was built to consolidate all secondary storage and eliminate legacy storage silos. It’s the only file system that combines NFS, SMB and S3 interfaces, global deduplication, and unlimited snaps and clones, on a web-scale platform. No more compromising between enterprise and cloud stacks!
There will be a large variety of features to work on including : hyper-convergence, distributed data path, distributed filesystem, data across thousands of nodes, object storage, cloud services, asynchronous programming, performance optimization, software-defined infrastructure, consensus protocols, massively parallel and distributed data sets, infinite scalability, snapshots, resiliency, deduplication, compression, replication, multiple protocols, fault-tolerance, infrastructure and more that we cannot disclose yet.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME HERE
As part of this core development team, you will design and build massively distributed systems at web-scale. You will be building the core backend of the Cohesity Data Platform and Cohesity SpanFS ( limitless Filesystem) .
What we are looking for:
- Min 5 years with infrastructure, back-end development experience
- BE/BTech degree in Computer Science with a strong competency in data structures, algorithms, and software design. Master’s degree would be a plus.
- You have worked on and understand large scale engineering challenges and highly available distributed systems.
- Understanding of multithreading, concurrency, and parallel processing
- Expert level programming and debugging skills in C, C++, Golang or Java
- Familiarity in distributed storage, filesystems, object storage is a huge plus
- Proven skills to solve complex problems. Experience with debugging, diagnosing, and troubleshooting complex, production software.
- Ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
- Possess excellent communication and sharp analytical abilities
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 1-855-9COHESITY or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.