Senior Cloud Network Engineer
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Want to help us to drive our business to success?
The Business Applications team at Cohesity is eager to expand to identify a phenomenal IT Applications Analyst to join our fast-growing Go-to-Market Systems team.
Our team collaborates with business partners to align technology solutions with business needs. You would be focused on the process of documenting operational objectives and requirements for Cohesity business systems. You will support our Sales Ops, Manufacturing, and Support organizations by planning, designing, developing, and deploying new systems or improvements for internal and external facing systems, working primarily in Salesforce and related tools.
Additionally, you will translate business needs into concrete requirements by gathering enough information to define a solution and drive clarity to make rational decisions.
Direct experience solutions for sales and service use cases and workstreams for the manufacturing industry such as asset lifecycle management, CPQ, Subscription and Billing, Quote to cash and support logistics, and distributed field service models a strong differentiator.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME HERE:
- Administration of Salesforce.com; this includes system configuration, (maintenance, system improvements/upgrades, etc.), creation of reports and dashboards, end-user training and data integrations, ensuring data hygiene and integrity
- You must be motivated, team-oriented, and passionate about Salesforce technology
- Responsible for configuration, design, functionality, and end-user support of the Salesforce.com platform
- Configure and maintain custom objects, record types, fields, page layouts, formulas, data validation rules, triggers, custom workflows, approval processes, installed packages, etc
- Maintain user roles and profiles, security settings, access settings, etc
- Works closely with the Sales Systems team, along with other groups, as necessary, to ensure the requirements are understood and documented
- The Salesforce Administrator will assist with the ongoing maintenance, support, and configuration of Salesforce
- The individual in this role will work closely with domain authorities to collaborate and improve Salesforce configuration, processes, and automation
- Designing solutions and building customizations using Salesforce functions and features to meet business objectives
- Integrate Salesforce with 3rd party applications
- Supervise the Production Solution for errors and performance
- Triage and resolve production support tickets for issues reported in the Salesforce Production solution
- Building test scenarios and perform within sandbox and production environments
- Partner with customers to craft requirements and ensure alignment with business/technology strategy and planned initiatives
- Drive the planning, prioritization, JIRA User stories, design, development, and deployment of new projects & system enhancements
- Effectively prepare Business Processes, Process Flow Analysis, Requirements Definition, Data Models, and Detailed Functional Design
WE’D LOVE TO TALK TO YOU IF YOU HAVE MANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to collaborate with multi-functional business partners and technical teams
- Ability to capture and transfer requirements from customers into an action plan and deliver on that action plan demonstrating internal systems as needed
- Experience building flows and process builders, and using declarative automation features
- Experienced designing and enhancing workflow rules, validation rules, approval processes, page layouts, custom objects, custom settings, SSO configuration, profiles & permission sets, reports and dashboard development
- Self-motivated, flexible, great teammate with shown multi-tasking, time management & organization expertise with qualifications to lead multiple and often changing priorities
- Attention to detail with the skills to analyze and take on compound problems as well as provide documentation, mentorship, and instruction to users
- Agile / SCRUM experience required.
- Basic experience with declarative development on force.com platform
- Salesforce Admin Certification (201) and Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant Preferred.
- Experience designing and supporting large-scale, technically complex solutions on Salesforce and associated ecosystems
- Experience in driving system implementation, and data flow standard processes knowledge
- Responsible for business requirement understanding, Writing User Stories, Sprint planning, backlog grooming, and working with the development team for planning and solutions
- Experience in Agile development, iterative development, and proof of concepts (POCs)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.