Finance Analyst (Sales)
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
The Cohesity Sales Finance team serves as trusted financial advisors to the Worldwide Field Organization (WWFO). As a member of the team, this role will partner with the key stakeholders within WWFO and cross-functional partners, to help drive operational efficiency and accurate financial planning, forecasting, and reporting; all while influencing key business initiative decisions by providing financial leadership, analysis, and insight. The Sales Finance Analyst will provide support for scaling our sales finance and operations infrastructure globally. The candidate for this role will demonstrate a strategic approach, collaboration skills, financial proficiency, excellent business intuition, and the capability to work at multiple levels, including high-level strategy and day-to-day financial details.
This position will report to the Sr. Director of Sales Finance.
How You'll Spend Your Time Here
- Provide Finance support to the Worldwide Field Sales Organization (WWFO) and supporting teams.
- Support the month & quarter end close activities and reporting processes; including journal entries for expenses and contra revenue, close/forecast packages, and variance analysis.
- Manage Channel Program activities including PDF, MDF, and Rebate forecasting, accruals, and payouts ensuring compliance with overall program guidelines.
- Contribute to the development, tracking, and reporting of WWFO KPI dashboards.
- Develop ad hoc analyses for key sales metrics including sales productivity, commissions, discounts, and margin trends.
- Participates in various cross functional projects to drive the growth and expansion of Sales.
- Build strong business partner relationships with senior leaders across the Worldwide Field Organization; establishing trust and gaining an understanding of relevant business drivers.
- Assist in the planning process; driving the monthly & quarterly close, forecasting, and reporting processes inclusive of headcount and discretionary spend related to the Worldwide Field Organization.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of Cohesity’s business performance across geographies and user segments.
- Assist with metrics and leading indicators of business performance and partner with the Analytics team to develop tools and dashboards to make these metrics widely accessible across Cohesity.
- Maintain robust financial models to streamline decision-making and highlight key drivers of past, current, and future business performance.
- Be results and service-oriented; comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Undertake ad hoc strategic projects.
Key Skills/Experience (minimum requirements)
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, or related field.
- 3-5+ years of experience in progressive finance positions acting as a business partner to senior stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of Subscription-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
- Energetic, with a positive attitude and growth mindset.
- Superb business partnering and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to work in a global environment; partnering across time zones.
- Senior FP&A experience in a corporate environment or in a publicly-traded company.
- Advanced skills in Excel and other financial planning and forecasting tools.
- Familiarity with NetSuite, Adaptive Insights, SFDC, Tableau, and Concur tools are a plus.
- Solid overall business acumen including accounting/financial experience
- A curiosity to learn and take initiative to solve problems independently
- Strong critical thinking, organizational, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain financial data to non-finance leaders
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to meet firm deadlines is a must
- Must have great problem-solving skills, be a self-starter, understand business issues and be able to clearly and concisely put together recommendations and implementation plans
- Embodies Cohesity’s core values: integrity, respect, deliver, positive attitude and customer obsession
- Experience with Tableau will be a plus since we the data warehouse is starting to come along
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.