Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Job Description: Professional Services Deployment Architect
We are looking for experienced architects who can develop detailed blueprints for successful customer deployments. Additionally, you’ll create repeatable blueprints that become the templates for all customer deployments. These will be used to develop our services practices, to enable our delivery teams, our partner teams, and our customers to deploy our secondary storage solutions applications. The ideal candidate is someone who has considerable experience architecting, documenting, deploying, and enabling others.
These practices will utilize the architecture sold by our account teams to achieve customer-committed solutions. In addition to building these solutions, this role will also spend considerable time validating these procedures in the field and teaching partners and customers how to apply these in their environment.
You will be working with engineering, systems engineers, tech marketing specialists, and customer support build to build out professional services practices starting with the architectural blueprint that covers installation, integration, applications, migration, scripting (automation) to be used by delivery teams, partners and customers.
- Deliver architecture and professional services to Cohesity customers.
- Build strategic relationships with key customers and Cohesity teams.
- Write and validate deployment architectures.
- Collaborate closely with the Engagement Manager to craft comprehensive Statements of Work (SOWs) within professional service proposals, ensuring alignment with customer requirements and project objectives.
- Define technical architecture including sizing and performance that meet customer requirements.
- Engage with teams to ensure blueprint is successfully deployed.
- Create knowledge base articles related to practices and architectures.
- Develop best practices for the blueprints that translate to project plans.
- Continually improve deliverables as we scale and release new features/products.
- Inspect deliverables for successes and improvements.
- Work with others to develop post-deployment documentation (run books, pre-deployment templates, etc.)
- Convert blueprints and best practices into a training curriculum.
- Deliver hands-on training in small group formats.
- Participate in the delivery of blueprints.
- Conduct beta testing of procedures for new deployment blueprints in the field
- Provide feedback to consultants, Systems Engineers, and engineering on ways to improve the overall experience.
- Act as Principal for key/high-profile implementations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in IT
- Experience highly desirable in the following areas:
- Linux, Backup and Virtualization (VMware, HyperV, Citrix Xen App/Desktop)
- Proficiency in Oracle and SQL is required for this role, with a strong emphasis on practical, hands-on experience in both databases.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuance
- Database Protection and Recovery
- Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Layer 2 Networking and Firewalls
- Scripting / Automation
- Visio or equivalent application
- Excellent communication and project-related skills are also required.
- Strong verbal communication/presentation skills
- Strong written skills and the ability to create documentation.
- The ability to teach others and make them successful.
- Self-starter with excellent organization and time management skills
- The ability to manage projects and to drive to a deadline.
Expected Travel: > 40%
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.