Sr. IT DevOps Engineer (Client Platform)
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Senior IT DevOps Engineer (Client Platform)
Remote - Costa Rica
Cohesity is forging the path to modernize data security and management. We're builders. Go-getters. Committed to the next thing, and the right thing. We give you space to innovate. And the flexibility to work where you want. Come as you are, our differences make us stronger. Let’s solve the impossible, together.
About This Role
Cohesity IT is looking for passionate, out-of-the-box thinkers who take pride in building industry-leading Mobile Device Management / Enterprise Device Management solutions to support critical business, endpoint, and security processes. This is a unique opportunity for you to lead the efforts to design, architect, and implement the tooling and support for the Management of Cohesity’s IT Client Engineering team by leveraging Service Provider level functionality to help us scale. You will be working closely with the IT Client Services & Information Security & VMware Systems teams, to drive strategic initiatives to help us scale and stay secure.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, and diligent, possesses strong written, and verbal communication skills, has a track record of successfully delivering complex projects on time, and possesses a strong background in system automation and integrations. The desire and ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment are critical.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME HERE
- Automate and maintain and scale our endpoint management ecosystem as the company grows by leveraging tools such as Jamf, Intune, Terraform, and Dell Kace.
- Identify and deploy internal process and automation improvements Work as the escalation point for the global IT Service Desk team Create and maintain detailed and accurate documentation Help grow and mentor the global IT organization
- Lead projects to ensure operational hygiene and excellence for Cohesity’s global fleet of endpoints
- Design, implement, and automate endpoint policies, configurations, and security compliance standards.
- Provision on-premises and cloud resources as code using Terraform, Chef, AWS CDK, and Kubernetes.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new or upgraded hardware/software to ensure continued productivity and performance for Cohesians.
- Work with 3rd Party IT and InfoSec Vendors for issue/bug resolutions and product designs and enhancements.
- Act as an escalation point and subject Matter Expert for any issues pertaining to Enterprise Device Management.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support a 24x7 production environment.
WE’D LOVE TO TALK TO YOU IF YOU HAVE MANY OF THE FOLLOWING
- Minimum 7 years of hands-on experience operating in an enterprise IT Operations environment
- Advanced working knowledge of macOS, iOS, Windows, ChromeOS and Linux endpoint inner workings
- A good understanding of Linux, CI/CD pipelines, Git and Source Control.
- Experience in managing macOS with open-source tools such as Munki, FleetDm Puppet or Chef)
- Experience automating and building API integrations.
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (Python, Bash, PowerShell)
- Ability to work with little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments and projects
- Strong ability to work across teams, as well as be self-sustaining.
- Owner mentality, with the ability to succeed in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
- Able to occasionally work evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice
- Bonus points if you have experience working with Identity Access Management tools.
- Working knowledge of Open Source project such as Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible
- Experience in supporting endpoints in a virtual environment.
- Familiarity working with various industry-standard mobile device management solutions
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.