Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer with strong information development and editorial skills that span data protection, file services, virtualized data center, security, and cloud environments! You will be the “first customer” for Cohesity products and features to ensure that the technical content you produce provides the very best user experience by being hands-on when documenting. You will join our Product documentation team to set up, configure, validate, and document best-in-class data center solutions that are powering the market adoption and growth of our groundbreaking Software-defined Solution. Your skills will be essential to accelerate and expand our rapidly-growing business over the coming years!
What you will do:
- Build and constantly evolve world-class software, hardware, and developer tools product documentation.
- Lead ground-breaking documentation projects while providing mentorship and support for junior writers.
- Provide customers with an exceptional Out of the Box Experience (OOBE) in terms of documentation. Words matter, and you’ll use the right phrasing and guidance to advise our customers.
- Develop intent-based and topic-based technical content.
- Write user-friendly technical content that effectively and holistically communicates complex information clearly and concisely, and without jargon.
- Work with product managers, developers, test engineers, and architects to understand product features and use cases to effectively communicate them in the documentation.
- Plan, author, and test technical content for end users and coordinate closely with the other writing team members to ensure consistency in detail, style, and presentation.
- Use conditions and snippets to support content reusability and scalability.
- Prioritize multiple requirements and tasks in a constantly evolving and fast-paced environment. Run the complete life cycle of production, publication, and technical information.
- Acknowledge and address documentation feedback from internal and external customers to deliver complete, accurate, and usable content.
Skills & Experience
- Education - BS or BA. English, Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience - 8+ years of experience in Technical Writing; developing software and hardware documentation for global customers.
- Authoring/Editing/Publishing - MadCap Flare/MadCap Central (preferred) or experience in any one of the topic-based/DITA-based authoring tools such as Oxygen XML, XMetal, Framemaker (structured).
- Source/version control - Git/Gerrit, GitHub, or Bitbucket.
- Feature/Defect Management - Jira, Rally, or any industry-standard, agile project/defect management software.
- Collaboration and Process Management - Confluence, Wiki
- Domain - Familiarity with compute, cloud, storage, network, security, or virtualization technologies.
- Communication and writing - Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Good to have:
- Web-based authoring and publishing tools
- Continuous integration and delivery
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS, and HTM5 help systems
- Visio or other drawing tools
- Ability to create new video content
- Google suite of office products
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.