Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
We are looking for specialists to design, configure, operate and improve customers Cohesity infrastructure to provide data protection, filesharing, operational recovery and protection against data security threats.
The ideal candidate has considerable experience both implementing technical solutions as well as enabling others through training and documentation. Experience in data center operations, working with change controls, change freeze windows, troubleshooting and interaction with internal support teams as well as external vendors is essential.
In addition to configuring Cohesity software, this role will typically be involved in daily operations, daily reporting and will help facilitate communications between Cohesity technical staff and the customer’s technical staff. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized self-starter who brings not only technical skills but also verbal and written communication skills along with a focus on process improvement.
- Use your technical knowledge and business acumen to help Cohesity customers design and operate their data protection and data security solutions.
- Work to resolve technical obstacles and unique customer challenges.
- Maintain the technical relationship between the customer and Cohesity’s Engineering, Sales, Support and Technical Marketing teams.
- Configure and improve on operational reporting.
- Proactively resolve any issues which could impact data recovery operations.
- Work with Cohesity’s technical teams to ensure system software is up to date and configured according to recommended best practices.
- Help identify any opportunities for enhancements or additional product sales.
- Facilitate contract renewals through technical validation and reporting.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key personnel in the customer’s organization.
- Engage and provide leadership for any escalations, especially those related to data recovery or SmartFiles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of IT experience
- Experience in these technical areas is required
○ Operating Systems – Linux, Windows
○ Data Protection
○ Server Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, Nutanix)
○ NoSQL, Oracle, SQL
○ Data Migration
○ BIOS level bootstrap OS installation
○ Disks – SSD NVME, HDD, SSD M2
○ 10 Gb / 25 Gb / 40 Gb / 100 Gb Network cabling
○ Basic TCP/IP Networking – IPv4, DNS, NTP, Firewall
Experience in these areas is highly relevant:
○ Public Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
○ Public Cloud Storage (AWS S3, AWS Glacier, Azure Blob)
○ Network Attached Storage (Isilon, NetApp)
○ Advanced Networking Options – IPv6, LACP, Tagged VLANs
○ Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Planning
○ Data Replication
○ Data Compression and Deduplication
○ Other Database Types - Protection and Recovery
○ Scripting (bash, Python, PowerShell)
○ Automation using REST API
○ Technical drawings using Visio, Lucidcharts or similar
○ Hardware experience with qualified vendor systems: HPE, Cisco, Dell, Fujitsu & Lenovo
○ Project management skills including completion of objectives and progress communications
○ Strong verbal communication/presentation skills
○ Strong written skills and attention to detail
○ Ability to guide others and help make them successful with Cohesity
○ Self-starter with excellent organization and planning skills
Cohesity Resident Engineers will work with the end customer’s required time zones and locations. Likewise, Cohesity Resident Engineers will work the customer’s calendar and holiday schedule.
Resident Engineer positions may be performed remotely or on-site depending on the Customer’s requirements. Infrequent travel could be required for quarterly or annual planning meetings depending on the customer’s needs.
Resident Engineers will be subject to compliance with customer’s security requirements including background checks.
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.